Uninvited

Joey

The overwhelming smell of dust and decay traveled through the run-down facility. It had been a safe house for Hydra operative in the 30's through 50's until an escaped asset killed everyone in there. No one knew what the asset was, only that he had torn through everyone like a wild animal, leaving them all tore up with their innards now in the outards. 

The bodies of skeleton littered the hallways, some still holding their firearms in a defensive position.

Nat and Clint were surveilling outside whilst Bucky, Loki, and I went inside to investigate.

Tony needed us to bring back any files we may find, leading to answers on what kind of monster Hydra cooked up in there. 

Loki dragged his fingers along side of the wall, where three long scratch marks were. 

"Look's like it may have been a wild animal," I muttered to myself. 

Turning to see Bucky holding his flashlight, he walked into a room up ahead, further than Loki and I. I gasped when I felt large, powerful arms wrap around my waist and turn me around forcefully. Loki's bright blue eyes gazing into mine with a mischievous smile playing on his face.

"And tell me love, what do you know about wild animals?" His voice rumbled, sending shivers down my spine.

"We're on a mission!" I hissed at him as quietly as I could, tearing my body away from his.

"So I'll take a rain check then?" he asked innocently, I scowled at him as I cursed at myself. Just for one night of blissful fucking, and I had this man chasing after me.

Great.

Bucky stepped out of the room he was in and saw how close Loki was standing next to me.

"Did you find anything?" He asked in an irritated tone, he looked at us if he had just caught two teenagers making out.

I shook my head as I quickly moved away from Loki to an old filing system, it was about 6 feet high and 6 feet wide, who the hell was tall enough to get into it?

"Wait.." Loki quickly walked over to me, stopping me from touching it.

"Loki, stop, you're going to get me into trouble," I rolled my eyes as I pulled my hand away from his cold one. He gave me an exasperated look, lifting his long finger, he pointed to the side of the filing cabinet where there was a fresh set of fingerprints that had lifted the dust.

"Good eye," I complimented him, getting into my bag, I pulled a roll of tape and pressed it carefully on the prints. Setting my bag on the ground, I pulled out some equipment that Tony gave me. Scanning the tape, I began to upload it on the laptop, if we were lucky, we would see who they belonged to in a matter of minutes.

I looked up to see Loki studying the spot where the fingerprints were.

"Pretty odd setting for them, don't you think?" He asked curiously.

Loki lined up his own fingers to match the previous ones, pressing down gently.

The file cabinet began to shake as it lifted from the ground, bringing up something entirely different. Once it stopped, there was a new cabinet, but it had no speck of dust on it. 

Standing up from the ground, I walked over to it, looking at Loki who had a cautious look on his face. Carefully, I pulled one of the drawers open, and it was filled to the brim with files.

Loki walked over next to me as we began looking through the files, they all looked like successful experiment's that lived past their expected dates. There were 100's of them, all classified by a numbering system, 1 through 5. One being mildly dangerous, and a five being out of control crazy. One of the files caught my attention because it had been previously pulled out.