The Forbidden Apple

Joey

I can't believe I was so stupid.

All these years of being careful and career motivated, and it all went out the window for a quick fuck.

And with Loki.

Of all fucking people.

I didn't even realize I was biting my nails until Pepper Pots pointed it out in the morning meeting. I had called Bucky and told him I would be running late to pick him up. But in reality I was having a panic attack. I had finally gotten dressed and ready and made it just in time.

"Is everything okay?" Pepper's green eyes glistened with concern.

I quickly pulled my finger out of my mouth and forced a smile on my face.

"I'm fine Pepper, just anxious to get this meeting going."

Pepper gave me a small smile and returned her full attention to Tony.  Tony stood in the front of the room, talking about some underground lab in Russia that was known as Lab X. Basically a lab that had nurtured and made 100's of little Bucky's. 

I had sat in between Pepper and Bucky, who kept glaring at me but I was doing my hardest to not look in his direction. Across from us sat Nat, Sam, Wanda and Vision. Normally Wanda would always be the last to arrive since she takes Danny to school, but today she beat me.

"So basically the point I am trying to make is that we need to get over there and evaluate if there is a huge risk or if we can take care of the problem ourselves. We will be flying out at the end of the week. I know you may need to make some arrangements Barnes, because I do need all of us for this, we can't risk being outnumbered." Tony turned off the projector, and just as he did, Loki came strolling in. 

"Good morning, my brother sent me as his proxy for the meeting this morning

"Good morning, my brother sent me as his proxy for the meeting this morning. So what did I miss?" Loki clasped his hands and rubbed them together like a mischievous child. The blood in my body ran cold when Loki's eyes landed on mine, I looked away but not before Bucky noticed. 

"The meeting started 30 minutes ago, your highness, I don't have the time to go over everything again," Tony said annoyed. A devious look flashed across Loki's face, walking around the table, he stopped right behind me and placed those large dangerous hands on my shoulders.

"That's all right, I am sure Miss Prince will catch me up. Won't you darling?"

God I hated men. 

"Get your hands off of her," Bucky's tone was low and dangerous. 

"I don't think she wants me to, Barnes."