we meet again

As the green haired boy stepped into the ring, he looked across towards other side of the ring at his sandy haired classmate.

Something was different about him. He couldn't put his finger on it, but he could tell something changed about his childhood tormentor.

As the loud voice of the one present mic rang through the stadium, he was preparing for the familiar sound of an explosion going off. However, something far different happened.

The sandy haired Pomeranian walked slowly to the center of the ring, beckoning him forward.

The brief moment of shock disappeared to be replaced with curiosity. Walking forward to the center and staring back at bakugo, waiting for any indication of an attack....  Only for a hand to slowly be brought forward. A invitation for a hand shake.

Taking his palm firmly, the two boys felt as if the shackles of guilt, anger, misplaced hatred, betrayal and pain all melt away, and slowly but surely, a smile appeared on both their faces.

Even the loud cheers and the loud teacher in the background, it didn't matter to the now reunited friends.

"I hope you have been training dickhead, because I will absolutely whoop your ass" izuku said with fire in his eyes

"Hah shitstain I should be the one saying that. I haven't been sitting around ya know." Bakugo said with the same fire in his eyes.

Giving bakugo a friendly punch on his shoulder, they both returned to their corners and got into a stance. The crowd waiting tensely for the start of the match.

As a stray sweat droplet ran down izuku's cheek, inching toward his jaw and finally landed at a painstakingly slow pace, the two fighters were off.

A constant stream of ki blasts were shot at bakugo only for bakugo to fly up in the air and dodge. Inching closer to the greenette.

Sending off a massive explosion toward izuku causing him to dodge, bakugo sent himself at izuku, grabbing one of his legs, knocking him off balance and performing a judo takedown.

Despite his shock, izuku quickly recovered. Reaching underneath bakugo's stomach since he was still in midair, he summoned his chakra and cried out

"Wind style: gale palm"

Literally knocking the air out of bakugo, he leaped upward towards bakugo and got into a stance.

"Renewal taekwondo: triple kick"

The 3 kicks sent in quick succession hit his head, ribs and pelvis. But bakugo wasn't done.

Grabbing his leg, he summoned an explosion and sent him hurtling towards the ground with his iconic catchphrase

"DIE!!!"

Blasting back to the ground,  he proceeded to grab izuku by the leg and create a huge explosion with the other hand, sending the both of them spinning.

Once he gained enough momentum he sent a huge explosion, throwing izuku towards the out line.

"BALISTA"

Izuku stabilised himself in midair, bending air to levitate back onto the ground.

Putting both hands on his forehead, he focused energy there and shot the Masenko beam at bakugo only for it to be countered with a AP shot.

Blasting himself forward, bakugo flipped a few times to build up momentum before dropkicking izuku. This was blocked by izuku but he was not done.

Throwing a right hook, he caused an explosion using the sweat on his elbow, causing it to sink deeply into izuku's cheek.

Doing a 1080 spin, he sent a explosion propelled kick towards izuku wimhich was blocked.

Izuku kicked bakugo high up into the air using a chakra enhanced kick and jumped up as well. Wrapping his arms around bakugo, he broke through his physical limits into the gate of life, performing the reverse lotus.

As the smoke dispersed, we can see izuku panting while bakugo was on the ground, struggling to get up. Sweat pouring down his face.

"Hey, shitface. How about we settle this in one move" Izuku asked panting from exhaustion

"Heh, get ready nerd, I'm about to blow your mind. Literally" bakugo replied, smirk on his face and hands crackling to life once again.

Blasting into the air, bakugo did a move that he has been practicing just for this moment. His ultimate move.

Blasting forward at his max speed, he concentrated all his sweat from all the sweat glands all over his body into both his palms. Cupping them together to contain it into a ball like shape, he pointed it at izuku and shouted

"DESCENDING SUN!!"

Cupping his hands together and gathering energy in it, izuku shouted out

"FINAL FLASH"

The two attacks collided sending debris flying towards the stands. Pressing a button, nezu erected a wall made of bulletproof glass all over the stands to protect the audience.

As the smoke cleared, it showed bakugo unconscious with one foot out of the line while izuku limped toward him and gave him a part on the back before raising his hands, signifying his victory.

I am here! Back from the dead. I would like to say thank you for those that showed support for this story. I didn't update for such a long time and I have experienced first hand on how that's a major deterrent for anyone wanting to read a fanfic. But the sheer amount of votes, followers and viewers I got during this time is astonishing. Thank you so much for the support. Stay healthy and happy.

Quote of the chapter: But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers to turn on the light