This is war

(Ghost's pov)

"I'm hit" y/n says over the walki. I'm standing with soap and he starts running. I'm frozen in thought. I stand there for who knows long until I'm brought out of my thoughts my yelling in my face. "Ghost come on let's go!" Soap yells. I look him in the eyes and nod. We both start jogging in the direction the mountains are.

"EVERYONE GET TO COVER!" The general screams over the walkie. Me and soap both rush inside a building. We stand there confused but silent. All of a sudden there's explosions all around us. Screams and cry's for help can be heard. If someoone asked me what war was like i would describe this sound.

My mind was still focused on y/n. After the explosions stops we step out of the building.  I start running over to where y/n said she would be. I see captain price crouched down and Gaz standing with his hands on his head. I stop halfway up and gaz looks at me. "Is she alive?" I ask.  Captain price glances at me and back on the motionless body on the ground.

"Barely." Gaz mumbles. I walk forward to get a better view of what's going on. She's laying on the ground covered in her own blood. Price is holding a wound on her chest. "We already called a helicopter to take her to the nearest hospital. Grenade fragments hit her in the lung area. She lost a lot of blood but she should live if she gets the right treatment." Price explained as he wrapped her wound.

I was silent. I had nothing to say. I hear yelling and footsteps behind me and i turn around to see who it is. A soldier i haven't seen before runs up to us. "The helicopter is ready for her. The medics are waiting." He said. With that i rushed over to her and picked her up bridal style. I started too  run back into the town and over to the helicopter.

"Set her down here!" The medic said frantically gesturing towards the stretcher. I did as he said and sat her down. The helicopter doors where shut by soldiers wishing us luck for a safe return. I sat there staring off into space as we flew to the nearest hospital. I turn to look at the medics tending on y/n.

They have her shirt cut and they are inspecting her wound on her chest. "It barely hit her. Same with the other wounds. She just lost a lot of blood. Speaking of that hook up another blood bag." One of them said. Those words brought me to joy. I smiled under my mask.

A few minutes go by and we land on the helipad of the hospital. They wheel her in and we rush down hallways. They stop me so she can go into surgery. "Sir if you follow me I'll bring you to her room." A nurse says. I nod and we start walking down the hallways. I'm getting stared at by a lot of these people. While following a nurse a little kid waves at me with a big smile.

I think for a second and walk over to him. I crouch down to reach his height. "I like your mask." He says with a big smile. "I'll have to get you one then. Here have one of these for now." I say as i reach into my pocket and pull out a pin. It s an air force pin. He smiled at me and then gave me a hug. I hesitate at first but than hug back.

I stood up after the hug and continued following the nurse that was waiting for me. Now i need to get that kid a mask. "Right here sir. She should be here in about an hour. Is there anything you'd like? Water?" She asked. I nodded at the water. "Alright sir I'll be right back with your water."

I sat there listening to the small chit chat of patients and doctors until the nurse came back with my water. When she left the room i calmed down a little. I started to settle down and i took my vest off. I then grabbed a small magazine and read it while taking sips of my water here and there.

After about an hour the door opened and i look up. I instantly sat the magazine down as they brought y/n into the room and moved her onto the bed. She was already awake and had a big smile of her face. I was so confused why. "Why are you smiling?" I asked. She  started laughing. "None of the grenade fragments hit any major arteries or my lungs. Just went through and got stuck in my scar tissue." She explained.

Her Norwegian accent was very strong and she was obviously loopy on drugs. She still made lots of sense. "Sir." A doctor said grabbing my attention. I look up at him. "She should be able to get discharged tomorrow if she's able to stand." The doctor explained. (I know it's not realistic but i gotta make chapters and get all the ideas out of my head!).

"How long till she's able to go back on the field?"  I ask the doctor. "As of right now she should rest for a good week,maybe two. But if her stitches rip  wait another week." The doctor explained. I nodded. "Alright well if you need anything the nurses will be at the desk right there." The doctor said while walking out the door.

"I don't think I'll survive that long Simon." She said grabbing my attention. I look at her and chuckle. "I think you be fine, love." I reply. "Just get some rest." I added. "So bossy. I now know how soap feels. He told be how you bossed him around in Las Almas." She joked. "Did he now?" I asked while i grabbed the magazine off the table and sat down.

"Affirmative." She said while looking at me dead in the eyes. I'm not going to lie. Sometimes she even scares me. She goes from all happy to cold and serious. "I'm going to sleep. Let the general know I'm ok." She said as she shut her eyes. "Alright my love." I replied as i grabbed my work phone out of my pocket.

I called price and waited till he answered. "Ah Simon I've been waiting for your call. Is miss Skar alright?" He asked. "Yes sir. She's pumped on morphine and resting but she wanted me to call. Can you let the general know she's alright?" I explained. "Of course son. I'll let him know. When's she coming back?" He asked.

"We should be back at the base tomorrow. If not the next day. I'll call you then." I said. "Alright Lieutenant. Get some rest as well." He said and then hung up the phone. I put the phone in my bag and leaned back in my chair. I looked over at y/n. She was silently sleeping. Guess we'll see if she leaves in the morning.