Deployment

Newcastle
5 months later
9 months pregnant
~~~

"Y/n, you ready?" Simon asks as he grabs his keys off  the island. "Yeah. Can you help me up off the couch?" I asked. He let out a chuckle and walked over . He extended his hand out and i took it. He pulled me up off the couch and grabbed my hand again. "Let's get going. I'm starving." He says. "I want a milkshake." I say as i follow behind him. "Y/n...you've wanted a milkshake for the past two weeks." He sighs.

I laughed at him as he opens the door. We both walked out and went to the car. We both got in and he started the engine. James was just getting off of work and waved at us as he walked to his house. Simon waved back as i smiled at him. Simon backed out the driveway and drove through the neighborhood to get to the actual city. "How's soap doing? I haven't talked to him in a few days." I asked, worried about him.

Let me explain. Soap got into a car accident just a week ago and has a concussion. "He's doing well. He still won't stop blabbering about the baby's." Simon says as he turns on the blinker. "Sounds accurate." I laugh as we turn down the main road of town. I watch as we pass building by building until we make it to a small diner that has become be and Simons favorite place to eat out. We open our doors and Simon comes over to help me out of the car.

We walk up to the diner and inside. "There you two are!" The manager cheered as she sees us walk in. We smiled and walked over to our usual seats. The manager walked over with her notepad and stood in front of our table. "Drinks?" She asked. "I'll have a Ginger Beer." Simon says. "Can i have a water and a milkshake." I ask. "That's the fourth time this week." She laughs as she walks away. "Am i not allowed to crave a milkshake?" I mumble which makes Simon laugh.

After a few minutes a different waitress comes and gives us our drinks. "Do you both know what you want?" She asks. "I'll have the Lancashire hotpot with a side of chips." I say. I really don't understand why they call fries chips. "I'll just have the cottage pie." Simon says as he folds his menu and then grabs mine. "Alright I'll have your orders in right away." She says as she grabs our menus and then walks away.

"So i was thinking we could maybe paint the nursery later." Simon says as he grabs my hands with his. I looks up at him and smile. "Yeah, that would be nice." I say to him as i look in his eyes. He quickly broke the eye contact and looked out the window. I was a bit stunned by his actions. "What?" I asked. He looks down at our hands. "Nothing." He replied a bit coldly. He held my hands tightly as if he's never going to be able to hold them again.

A few minutes go by of silence. The waitress walks up to the table and sets down our food. "Enjoy." She says as she walks away. Me and Simon both eat our food without talking. Once I'm done i drink my milkshake. He looks up from his empty plate and at me. He lets out a small chuckle and pulls out his wallet. He sets the money on the table and stands up. He walks over to my side of the booth and i set down my milkshake. He helps me up and we walk out of the diner and into the car.

The whole ride home was an uncomfortable silence. As we pulled into the driveway his phone rang. He pulls it out of his pocket and looks at it. "I'll be in,  in a moment." He says to me. I get out the car and walk to the front door. I glanced back at the car and see him upset. He has his head in his hands and he seems to be yelling on the phone. I knew what it ment. My father acted the same way when my mother was pregnant with my brother and he got the phone call.

Ella walks over to me. "Y/n what's wrong." She asks as she looks at Simon and then at me. "You should go inside Ella. He's upset." I say. I didn't even try to cover up my emotions. I sounded cold when i talked to her. She nodded a bit confused but she did what i said. "James?!" I hear her call as she closes her door. Simon steps out the car and slams the door shut. He walks right passed and and punches the garage door leaving a dent.

He leans his head against it and hit it over and over again. I hear a door open and i look over to see James walking over with Ella looking from the door way. He stops in his lawn and just observes the situation. Simon steps back and turns my way. And walks towards me and grabs my arm and practically drags me inside. He slams the door shut. I look into his eyes as he turns to face me. He has tears streaming down his face. "I'm sorry." He whispers as he wraps his arms around me.

"Your getting deployed again aren't you?" I ask. He just nods and doesn't let go. "I knew it was going to happen, i just didn't know when." He explained. There's banging on the door a few seconds later. "Hey, you go clean yourself up I'll get the door." I say to him. He nods and goes upstairs. I open the door to see James. "Hi James. Now's not really a good time." I say to him. He looks at my arm that is slightly red from Simon. "Oh, it's not what you think it is. He's just strong." I laugh.

"Why's he so upset?" James asks. I sigh. "He's getting deployed. He's probably not going to be here for the birth." I explain. His faces changed completely from protective to understanding. "Oh, I'm sorry."  He says. "Yeah well not to be rude but i have to go." I say and then shut the door not letting him say anything else.

I walk up the stairs and into the bedroom. Simons sitting on the bed and staring at his phone. I look to see soaps contact. "I want him to be with you while I'm gone." Simon says. I just nod. "Price is picking me up in a few days. Johnny should get here a little after i leave." He explains. "Your so protective." I giggle. "So is Johnny. Especially when your carrying his niece and nephew." Simon chuckles.

~~~~~

Hi everyone! So sorry about our beloved but we will have more soap content now!  Uncle soap is going to be so fun to write!