*2*

"Faster, faster, faster!" Kira anxiously said to the driver.
She raked her hands in her hair and prayed that's her stupid brother would be okay.

He had drunkenly left the house and she was tracking him with his phone and it led to Groveway, which wasn't so far away, since the driver had gone faster.

She ordered the driver to stop when she saw a car parked at the middle of the road and two women crouched down looking at something.

She got down and so did the bodyguards at the back seat.

Rachel and Jayda got up seeing Kira and the bodyguards step down from the car.

"Oh my God," Kirari said out in relief as she crouched down to her brother's level and touch this face.

"Don't worry. He's alive. He passed out before the car could hit him," Jayda said.

"Thank you," Kira looked at the both of them and then looked at Rachel again as Rachel was doing so to her as well.

"Kira?" Rachel voiced out her thoughts. She was familiar and so was Kaden.

"Rachel?" Kira got up with a smile on her face. "Oh my god, is this really you?" She said as both of them hugged.

"It is," Rachel chuckled and broke the hug."Is Kaden okay? Why's he. . .?" She gestured to his current condition.

"Let's just call it family responsibilities. He's angry at everyone... shaken up too."

"I'm so lost here," Jayda waved her hand.

"Oh sorry," Rachel chuckled. "Kira, this is my bestie, Jayda and Jayda, this is Kira; my childhood friend and that's Kaden; Kira's brother."

"Oh," Jayda nodded. "It's nice to meet you, Kira."

"Same here," she shook Jayda's hand and they looked at her brother. "I've got to get him home. We're supposed to be at the office tomorrow."

"He's taken over?" Rachel asked Kira, knowingly.

"Yes and that's the problem."

"He will be fine right?"

"He's got to be."

They said their goodbyes as the bodyguards lifted Kaden into the car and then the parties parted ways.

"How long have you known them?" Jayda asked when they both hit the road again.

"Well their dad and mine were good friends and business partners, so they used to set up play dates with me and Kaden and Kira would join in the fun but then  parents moved to England and obviously I had to come along and when I came back here as a transfer student in grade 11, I haven't heard from them ever since...well, till now.

"Hmm," Jayda nodded. "I sometimes forget your British heritage."

"I do too," Rachel nodded.
She really liked the American lifestyle and not the British one and she was grateful that her parents didn't make her move back after she graduated high school, because she didn't want to even though Oxford was her dream university. And above all she'd learnt to love Star, Jayda and Joedi like her own family.