•26•

∆ if two people love each other...
there can be no happy
ending to it ∆

The garden was totally beautiful and there she was, sitter in the middle of the white roses in her red dress, smiling towards the sun and then he came.
He planted a kiss on her forehead and scooped her in his arms.
She giggled and stroked his cheek. She was happy.
They kissed. Passionately.

And she thought she had it all but then she couldn't find him anywhere in the dark long hall with so many doors.
She panicked and searched for him.

"KADEN!"
She screamed for him and she entered into one door and she was there again.
She was seeing him hung upsidedown, beaten, battered and bruised.

And there came Rodney Moretti.
She begged for his life, in tears as the villain cracked her gun.

"You should have never left him for me, Jay sweety," that was Star's voice and she looked to see where she was.

"But I don't love you,"

And for that she received a hard slap which she cried out in pain to.

"Today, I will show you the consequences of loving someone else while I am still alive and well.

And there came the bullets.
Seven, straight to his chest.

...
"KADEN!" She screamed and pain rung in her head, immediately as she jolted up awake.
Her breathing was erratic.

"Jayda?" His voice was laced with panicked worry as he rushed to her on the bed from his study table. "Princesa," he held her in his arms and she started crying. Crying hard. Remembering the bullets. . .his bleeding body.
And her head felt like it was going to explode into a million pieces.

"Hey, hey, shh. I'm here mi amor." He kissed her forehead.

She kept sobbing, holding him tight.

"Shh, calm down. What's wrong?" he kissed her tenderly on her forehead, again and again.

"My head. . .it hurts," she managed to let out in between sobs.

"It's okay."
He stroked her hair, kissed her, whispered sweet words in English and Spanish till she dozed off into sleep again and he got worried.
What had she dreamt of that had her screaming his name?

Whatever it was, he swore to protect her from it. He'd protect her from everything and anything.

And that was the reason why she was going to get home treatment at his house, under his supervision. Rachel had totally agreed. It would be better for everyone. She'd brought some of Jayda's stuff to last for two weeks — until she recovered.

He was going to make sure she was okay and take care of her. Even if it meant putting a hold to his work.
She was more important.

He whispered something in her ear in Spanish and kissed her again and again.

°°°

Rachel wanted to be a doctor but she didn't like the hospital. Not one bit. Not when someone she loved was hospitalized. Not when she had to worry if she was going to loose someone she cherished. She hated it. The previous day, Jayda and now, Star.
She fell sick to the stomach when Maria — the worker Kaden had sent — called her when she was packing Jayda's stuff and told her that Star had slit her wrist and stabbed herself in the kitchen. Maria has caught her in the act of stabbing herself in the kitchen and couldn't do anything about it because it happened so fast.
She'd tried calling when Rachel was at the hospital but it didn't go through because her phone was on DND. And so she went ahead to call 911.