•28•

"Oh wow, Arturo buys you underwear and it fits," Kirari teased as she helped Jayda do the buttons of her dressing gown.
Kaden had ordered clothes for her as Rachel was yet to bring Jayda's stuff.

"Won't be the first," she smiled smugly, making reference to the morning after Kira's post birthday party.

Kira gasped.
"And you expect me to believe that he hasn't laid you?"

"Well I'm still wondering how dearest Martinez hasn't been dragged to bed by you."

"Well, wonder no more. Who told you I haven't succeeded in doing so?"

"Oh..." Jayda teased.

"Shut up, no more words, let me do your hair."

"Aww, I don't get any gists or dits?"

"Quiet," Kira took a brush and swatted her playfully.

"Oww, at least tell me if he was good?"

"You know for someone who just had a accident and for someone who I am taking care of wholeheartedly, you're really behaving errant."

"Excuse me? I am a grown woman not a child."

"Well, I have the upper hand right now so you have to have to listen to me, or else, who would be helping you dress up while your limbs are apparently weak and your body feels too heavy for you to carry. Hmm?"

"You're very arrogant. And besides, Kaden was glad to help but you chased him away. I'm sure he'll be happy to help me."

"But he'll never be able to give you a spectacular hairdo. So shut up, stop being sassy and let me do your hair. You'll be a disaster without me, anyway."

Jayda shook her head and shook her head at the woman brushing her hair. She was a good company and distracted her from the subtle pain she was still feeling.
Dr. Valverde had come over to do some quick examination. Kaden was a good doctor, but Valverde was better and Kaden wanted Jayda have the best care.
Apparently the accident had affected not only her head but her whole body and so, she needed help doing stuff; bathing, dressing, eating and all what not. But not for long. With the drugs, she would be able to help herself in a few days but the headaches would persist and she'd still have load of drugs to take.
Kaden asked if she was okay with staying with him till she recovered. Or more like persisted. She wasn't complaining. How could she? He was all she needed at this point so she didn't even need persuasion. He seemed to be her safe haven and she wanted to escape reality for the time being.
And the same, was the case for Kaden. He too wanted nothing to take care of Jayda. In truth, he felt guilty for her condition, in someway, he was responsible cause she was coming to meet him and if he'd just come to pick her up, none of this would've happened, so he was dedicating himself to treating and taking care of her till she recovered. And he didn't want anything come in between it, so he called off exclusive business activities till the end of February. And for emergencies, he'll have representatives to handle it and if it was something really really urgent, he would handle it.
This was his escape from reality. Jayda was his escape and he just wanted the rest of the month to be just her. In his arms. Just them.
Of course, Pablo advised against it, following the shit going on with Lucifer and the Morettis. His representative - Jose Antonio, his cousin - in Mexico who was going to be overseeing everything for the rest of February, was also against it, but he was the Don and no one could override his decision. And his decision was final.

°
He could hear hers and Rachel's laughter as he approached the room. Rachel and Joedi has come over to see her and drop off her stuff. Joedi had dragged him away to teach her self defense and he'd finally escaped the 12 year old's tight grip. She'd honestly started growing on him. And so had her senior sister.