*8*

"Doctor, how is she?" Jayda's voice was cracked, her eyes puffy from all the tears.

"We've stabilized her breathing. Thank God you brought her here on time. She almost didn't make it."

"And her head?" Rachel asked, she was sullen.

"It's fine. Thankfully, her head wasn't affected. She's still unconscious but she'll be up in like an hour. You can go in once we're done and then when she wakes up,  you can take her home."

"Thank you doctor."

She nodded and walked off.

Rachel pulled Jayda into a comforting hug and Jayda couldn't help but burst into tears again from relief.

"I thought I was gonna loose her, Rae. I was so scared. She almost didn't..."

"Hey, hey, hey. Calm down, it's okay. She's fine. It's okay."

Jayda held on tighter, sobbing.
Rachel knew how to comfort her and she wasn't emotional like Jayda. Rachel hardly cried. She wasn't even crying cause she had to give her best friend moral support.

Rachel kept whispering sweet words to her, hugging and petting her.

"Thank you for being here, Rae."

"You forget that Joe's my sister too."

"Yeah. I know."

"She's okay,"

Jayda nodded.

"I'll go get us coffee. You look dehydrated."

Rachel went off after Jayda nodded.
Jayda wrapped her arms around herself. She almost lost her sister. Her only family.
...because of Star.

She was no where to be seen, her phone was switched off. How could she just leave the house like that? Jayda knew of her disappearance acts but she had given her a responsibility.
She didn't force her or pressured her to do it, she agreed so why would she just leave without a call or text. That was grossly irresponsible and wrong and ...any unpleasant adjective.
Why would she do that?
Star knew exactly how much Jayda loved Joedi, so why would she just hurt her...hurt them this way?

One thing was for sure, Jayda wasn't going to let Star have her way.
This was wrong and it was the height.
Star had crossed the line. No one messed with Joedi.
NO ONE.
Joedi was her greatest love and anything that was going to be detrimental to her was going to be cancelled.
Even if it was Star.
Her pretty, beautiful, dearest, toxic girlfriend.

The air suddenly became choking for Jayda.
Thinking about Star was making her angry and even irritating.
Star was taking everything for granted and this time...it was too much.
Was this the so-called love Star claimed to have for her?

She got up, deciding to get some air, not wanting to think about her girlfriend.

Outside, she was able to breathe. She saw some Cadbury chips for sale on mobile shop across the road. Joedi loved those.
She checked her pocket for some cash. She had more than enough to buy some.

"Hey, lady!" she heard someone call out.
She turned to her side thinking she was being addressed but then she saw what she'd only seen in movies. Her eyes widened in shock. "Oh my God!"
Why wasn't anyone doing anything at all?