*15*

Jayda was laughing at something Aimee said - which Kaden didn't hear because he was busy gawking and admiring the beauty next to him, occasionally - when Kaden held her hand and a shiver ran down her spine. She looked at him and those baby blue eyes melted her. She bit her lower lip and looked at their intertwined hand.
He was messing with her head and that's the reason why she has been drinking wine to distract herself and jump into conversations.

"Walk with me," he said and got up, not letting her respond. She got up as well, taking her purse and wine glass.

Aimee watched as they both walked away from the table with arms locked and sighed, shook her head and sipped from her wine.

"So hi," Jayda said.

"Thank you for saving my life, thank you for my sister's life and thank you for saving my life...again." he said with this smile on his face that made Jayda blush hard.
She was just teasing when she said he owed her three apologies.

"You know, I was just joking."

"But you deserved it. Words aren't even enough."

She blushed again and drank from her wine.

"It was my pleasure, honestly."
She didn't know what to say next. He did a good job at rendering her speechless.

"So..."

"How old are you?" He asked, cutting her short.

"23."

"When?"

"January. January 6th. How about you?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He teased.

"I would. It's tit for tat here, Arturo."

"How do you know my Mexican name?"

"How do you think I know it?"

"You and Kirari gossiped me, isn't it?" He smirked.

"No, we didn't gossip you or anyone. You were just the topic for a minute or maybe 30 seconds."

"30 seconds?"

"Yes. And your Mexican name just slipped out."

"I see."

Jayda chuckled.
"You know, I prefer Arturo to Kaden. What does it mean?"

"I'm not telling you."

"What? Why?" Her voice was almost high pitched.

"No reason," he chuckled at how almost livid she looked.

"You're very arrogant. And I would walk away if I wasn't so nice. And I'll get the meaning from Kira so you don't need to tell me anything."

"You and Kira get along really well."

"Yeah. She's not arrogant like you and she has a spot on fashion sense. But she is a troublemaker though."

He smiled.
Who was this woman?
"Do you have any siblings?"

"Yeah. A cute little sister. She's 12. Her name's Joedi."

"That's French."

"Yeah. My mum was French. My dad American."

"Really? Do you have a French name?"

"Yup. But only my mom called me that so I'm not telling you."

"Are you serious?"

"You didn't tell me your age and the meaning of your Mexican name, so I'm not telling you anything."

"So you get to call me my foreign name and I don't?"