•31•

The whole room got to their feet as their Don walked into the meeting room, paying their respects.

Pablo was behind him as always as he took his seat at the front.

"It's pleasant to see you all again after a long break. And now, it's time for business. I want report on surveillance and then we'll move onto the operations."

Eric rose to his feet. "Here a the reports and pictures on the surveillance," Eric said and dropped some folders at the Don's desk.
Kaden opened it and the first picture displayed Hernandez walking into Westwood hospital.

"Why was he there? Hernandez, at the hospital." Kaden asked.

"Rodney attempted suicide," Eric answered his boss.

"Suicide?" Kaden repeated as if trying to actually believe what he had heard. "Is the reason known?"

"Stormi has report on that," Eric answered and stood aside for Stormi.

"Rodney's girlfriend broke up with her."

Interesting, Kaden thought.

"It made her go crazy. Rodney did a lot of nasty things to get her to love her but now, the girlfriend got fed up. As of now, Rodney seems both vulnerable and dangerous. She had a break down on Valentine's day, cut her hair and tried suicide, again. She could be a serious case."

"This is unexpected but good. We now know her weakness and that will be the way to get to her. Tell me all you know of this girlfriend of hers."

And that was when Stormi seemed uneasy and exchanged glances with Eric.

Kaden didn't fail to notice it and he knew there was more that he should know. "Stormi, what is the name of this girlfriend. We can use her to take them down, do you not agree?"

"I do, Boss," she cleared her throat.

"Then spit it out," he clenched his jaw.

"It's Jayda."

|•|•|•|

She simply didn't understand it at all. He wasn't the first person she found remotely attractive, he wasn't the first person she admired, he wasn't the first person to be close to her.
Then why did she miss him so much? It'd just been five hours and she was pining and whining like a child inside. It was clear she was in too deep and she knew it wasn't healthy.

"Hey, earth to Jayda," Kira snapped loudly in front of Jayda's face.

"Oh," Jayda sighed and apologized.

"Ah...I know that look," Kira nudged her. "You miss him, am I right?"

"Miss?" Jayda scoffed. "I can barely breathe."

Kira laughed. "Two weeks, Jayda. Two weeks. And you can't breathe."

"I said barely," Jayda giggled.

"Hmm," Kira teased.

Jayda nodded and hummed. "It's like a curse. Better still, a disease. It's not healthy. At all. And it's not fair, cause I'm sure he's not missing me this much. And I so wanna call him but I don't wanna be the "needy girlfriend" and I want him to call first as he promised." She whined. Literally.

Kira laughed again. "Jayda, Jayda, Jayda," she shook her head.

"I know, I sound like a hopeless, lovesick bimbo."

"Yes. But it's totally cute. I'm sure Pablo wishes I can be like this. I literally tell him I'm tired of seeing his face. That's one of the reasons I'm not even at work. I'm always breathing him in and out. It's kind of exhausting."

"Exhausting?" Jayda shook her head. "and how exactly does dearest Martinez react when you always tell him that you're tired of seeing his face?"

"Well ...we have a tiny quarell and then I'm being spanked like a child in the next minute. Or sometimes we don't just quarell at all. And the next thing I know, I'm being banged out of this world."

"Oh my God," Jayda was laughing and Kira joined her. "You totally know what you're doing."

"Uh-huh."

"Tired of his face, but never of his dick?"

"Yes. Exactly."

"Kira. Kira. Kirari."

Kira chuckled.
"So, tell me, did my brother finally put you out of your misery."

Jayda laughed.
Of course he did. Countlessly. In my head. In my tub with a vibrator.

"Well... I'm quite certain he intends to propose first and get us married before that can happen."

"Oh my goodness! Are you joking?"

"I wish I was, Kirari."

"You two sleep in the same bed?"

"Yes. We do. And my urges have been out of control. At times I'm torn between slapping him and dragging him to bed to fuck me."

"A slap should do the trick." Kira mused and they chuckled.

"Yeah. As if I'll ever slap him."

"No. Buy seriously though, why? How did you even survive?"

"The alternative. Obviously."

"Dildo? How many inches?"

"Oh my God! No! Never! Not at all. Kira."
Kira laughed.
"I don't think I like the idea of me shoving something in there by myself."

"You never know until you try it, Jay," she song-said.

Jayda rolled her eyes.
"I meant a vibrator. And I will not be trying that at all."

"Alright. Your loss. But come on, let's go shopping."

"Is shopping the only language you understand?"

"Yes. It is. Shopping makes everything better. Even world war at that. And it's the perfect distraction from missing someone hopelessly. So it's the best medication for you right now."

Jayda still didn't understand why and how shopping could mean so much to one person. It was insane.
She laughed.

"And plus, I have to get morning after pills. I'm all out. And I'm sure you'll need 'em too. Kaden won't keep his dick in his pants much longer."

"God! Kira!"
Kira never seized to surprise her with her bluntness and boldness. She was a total baddie.
One of those girls that you'd regret arguing with or crossing.
"Alright. Let's go, you maniac."

"Thought you'd talk the time away first."

Who missed me? ;⁠)
As promised, an update. Sorry I'm a day late, though... since it's technically 21st already.

A very short chapter, ain't it? But either way, you're in for a surprise in the next chapter.

What's your favorite color?

-Jayda