CC + AB

Requested by @SwordDasilva 

Pushing the door wide open to her best friend's dorm room, the girl walked in confidently with a bit of nervous that came and went every few minutes. Backpack falling off her shoulders as she'd used her foot to open the door and hair flew behind her shoulder from the bit of wind she created. A smile plastered across her rosy cheeks with arms in the air, almost cheering but hadn't.

The boy sitting at his desk jumped in his seat, pencil flying across the room from her sudden entrance to the room and he sighed. Leaning forward, both his hands rubbed his face before he turned on his chair, watching her skip across the room and finally throw herself onto the end of his bed.

Inhaling deeply, the brunette with shaggy layered hair eyed the girl with a singular raised brow. He couldn't not stare at her as she threw her bag onto the floor nonchalantly, glancing around the familiar room. "May I help you?" He asked her.

"Oh," She turned to look at him. "Nope." She shook her head and Charlie went ahead to look at his books. "Well, maybe." She continued.

With an eye roll, he threw on a smile to show he was intrigued and looked back to her. "Sooo what do ya want?" 

She scooted to the end of the bed, reaching for the wooden foot board and wrinkled the blankets as she pulled herself to the end. "You know how I have this insanely massive crush on this guy, right?" She began.

"Yeah?" He questioned, unsure what was it was about.

"Well, I kinda sorta wanted to tell him."

Charlie stared at her. "Why?"

"Nothing's gonna happen if I just indulge from a distance." She scoffed, folding her arms over her chest. "Do you know if he likes me? Even the slightest bit?"

He pursed his lips to a thin line, debating on what to tell her because the girl she liked happened to be his best mate in hockey. Charlie knew most of the truth but never really asked the boy if he liked his best friend because part of him was selfish and didn't want her with him but at the same time he wanted her happy.

"Hmm," He thought about it. "I mean, he does look at you."

She slouched forward. "That doesn't help, you moron." She swatted at him but he laughed and sat back as she was unable to reach him. 

"No, I don't know." He shrugged. "Tell him. He seems to like you. I seen him lookin' your way before."

"That could also mean nothing." She shot back. "Okay, I really, really like him, Charlie." She almost pleaded.

"So, why are you here telling me?" He rose a brow, wanting to make sense and she smiled lowly.

Her smile faded. "I'm shy."

"Maybe he likes bold girls who know what they want...I know I do." Charlie winked, earning a hit from her as they laughed.

Hopping off the bed in a hurry, she headed for the door as Charlie kicked his shoe off, hitting her in the back of the leg. "What?" She looked back at him.

"I don't think you need your backpack unless you've got a fairy godmother in there or plan on doing some silly study date." He mentioned.

Nodding, she picked her bag off her shoulder. "Thanks, Char." She tossed it to him and he caught it. "Wait, maybe that's not a bad idea." She went to take it.

"Nah uh. Go." He shooed her out of his shared room.

"Ughh." She fixed her hair and left, the door closing gently behind her.

Muscles tensed and stomach sank as she shook her hands at her sides, growing a little nervous about finding the boy she liked all too much. Just thinking about him made butterflies skyrocket through her stomach, almost making her feel sick there were so many. Cheeks heated to a rosy blush as she fixed herself a bit better, wanting to look her best as she roamed the dorm building to find the boy.