Chapter 20

" but was it too much to ask for him to meet me halfway?" 

Aria P.O.V: 

"The annual prom is around two weeks away and I hope all you lovely couples out there have tickets. The theme for the prom this year is the 'last dance' with a Romeo and Juliet theme. Guys if you want a date you should start asking soon" The announcer explained 

i walked to the back entrance of the hall and looked through the window seeing Justin leaning by his car already waiting for me. Aria don't be silly he doesn't want to go to prom with you. He doesn't like prom, he made that pretty clear two weeks ago when he said he hated prom. I'd love him to go with me, but he doesn't see the importance of it. Imagine though, Justin's jaw locking and neck in a black suit with a Lilly coursage, his hair styled in usual do and his eyes shining brightly with the dim romantic lights floating around the room. This fantasy isn't going to happen though, he doesn't like prom. 

"Hey Aria" Nicky came towards me and sent me a friendly hug 

"Hey Nicky" returning her hug 

"What's wrong?" 

"Justin's outside and I don't really want to be here when their talking about a dance that I can't even go to" 

"Why can't you go?"

"Ryan's asked you last night right?"

"Yes.... Wait Justin hasn't?"

"No... Don't worry Nicky. I know it's not his problem to worry about it, there will be other dances, it's just I've been looking forward to this since first grade and I desperately want Justin to be there" 

"Hey... I'm sure Ryan said something and he will be there thinking of a way to ask you right now" 

"I hope so... but I don't think that will he happening he hates prom" 

"Why? What it is a bad experience?"

"No... i'm not sure actually. Should I ask?"

"Yes... Come on! it's prom.. I don't think he would turn you down if you asked" 

"Fine" 

I pushed the doors and Nicky and I walked casually to Justin's car. Justin's smile brightened when he saw me, making my heart soar and my stomach to flutter. He walked towards me, interlacing his arms with my waist, a small smile spread across my face

"Hey baby" 

"Hey Justin" 

"Hey Nicky. Heard you going to prom with Butsy?"