Prologue

Prologue

Justin P.O.V:

My 15 year old self swaggered downstairs in familiar work overalls that my Dad often wore.

My sister (Jazzy) and my brother (Jaxon) were sat with my Mum (Pattie) munching on Captain Alien Crunch talking about the latest TV programme while kicking their tiny legs on the tables feet.

"Morning Mum" I exclaimed at my hard working mum. Pattie Bieber aged 37.

"Morning Justin.. How was you're sleep?" She asked.

"It was alright" I replied meekly while pouring out a bowl of Captain Alien Crunch for myself. I ended the conversation there, not wanting to elaborate on what happened last night.

I didn't want to tell her about last night. My friends and I sneaked out like every other night. It had become a daily thing now and she'd ask for the 10th millionth time every day "how was you're sleep?" Trying to pry an answer and try and help me.

The gang I was apart of was the only alien gang in this state. We called ourselves the ET Gang. We were dangerous, we were involved in drug dealing, womanising and stealing innocent money. But what happened last night was something we never did. It happened so quickly, yet when it happened there was no turning back.

"Morning y'all" my Dad Jeremy Bieber, hollered triumphantly while racing down the stairs with a big smile on his face. My dad was my best friend. He was an amazing person with a big heart and had an every lasting presence of happiness that glowed around everyone around him.

Jazzy and Jaxon started giggling as Dad went to Mum and kissed his cheek. I pretended to gag like every other teenager but I secretly admired them both through all the hardships of life they stayed together. They loved each other so much, I knew nothing could break them apart. I wanted something like that, I wanted to love someone for a lifetime. But where was I going find someone who was going to put up with me?

We all lived in a small district on planet Echon which was approximately 100,000,393.93 miles away from Earth. Every person on this planet dreams of going to Earth. We saw movies like 'ET' 'Grease' and 'Dirty Dancing' and knew that Earth would be a great place to live. But no one from our kind has set foot on Earth.

______________________________

Stepping into the work place I have grown accustomed to since the age of 10. Traditionally, boys in each Alien family must start working at age 10 with their father.

Now 15, I have been working here for 5 years. All my friends from the gang who are slightly older all work in different companies.

My enemies from the gang worked here and in different companies. We tend to stay way clear of each other to avoid chaos and families having a hissy fit.

"Oh Bieber's boss wants to see you in the office in 5" Constable Mortis replied bluntly to My Dad and I.

We both looked at each other and shrugged resuming into our lockers and putting our belongings in there.

"Right buddy let's go to the office"

"Fine" I said closing my locker and huffing at the thought of walking up the huge marble staircase that leads to the boss' office.

Once we had both reached the top we sighed heavily regaining our breathing as we neared the door and knocked loudly.

"Come in" I heard as the faint voice of the boss spoke.

We both walked in and sat on the chairs.

"Wassup boss" I said slumping on the chair, earning a scowl from my dad.

The boss, who had brown curly hair that stopped just at the edge of his neck. He wore an expensive grey suit with black diamond like shoes. His eyes piercing black.

"Sorry sir, excuse him he's just a bit exhausted from the stairs"

"Well I'm sure he's more exhausted from last night" the boss exclaimed. Within that moment the boss eyes changed from black to brown. Aliens here change the colour of their eyes depending on there mood. Anger was brown and I knew then he knew. Everything flashed before my eyes. They must have grew wider at the thought.

"Sorry sir.. I don't know what you're talking about"

"Boy, you know exactly or do you want me to play the video" I was frozen they had a video. I thought they said they busted all the cameras. I gulped unable to utter a word.

"Right then.." He played it.

It was like a movie but I was the main character knowing exactly what happened. My thoughts blurred. I felt sick and dizzy, the sound of reckless teenagers running around the factory smashing glass, the sound of a guard catching them.

One of the four reckless teenagers too cocky for their own socks decided to be upfront. The guard patronised him, knowing exactly who he was and knowing exactly how to tick him off.

He was pressurised from the gang from the guard finally having enough he took the gun hanging from his pocket and fired it straight at the guard.

Gasps were heard and the video was paused

"And you expect me to believe this isn't true when you come in here highly drugged up like how you came in"

"I'm not drugged up. And just so you know I was pressured into doing that. The gang was nas-"

"Well did you try and tell them no"

I didn't say anything

"Right... I know perfectly well what has happened... Guards take him" my heart started racing, I gripped my dads hands to find him being pulled away from me. I shrieked like a child, I knew they were going to happen. He was going to get hurt because of me.

"Please don't hurt him. Hurt me instead" I said pleasing on the floor as tears cascaded down my face.

"Now..I don't like my employees being reckless Justin. I don't like it all. And when they step out of line, I teach them a lesson, a lesson that I know they will never forget"

"What do you mean? What has this got to do with father" I pleaded knowing an innocent man was being hauled to the middle of the room without no warning.

"Say bye. In 1,2,3" the boss shouted slowly and within the last second the gun shot was released.

My dad laying limply on the floor, bloom ozzing out of him. My heart raced and my tears started to fall.

I ran.

_________________________________

"Mum.... We're leaving. Up!!"

"What!"

"We're leaving"

"Up get packing"

"What about you're dad?" She asked. I waited to see if Jazzy and Jaxon were around.

"He died mum. He died because of me"

"What!"Pattie lost balance, I quickly grabbed and soothed her as tears fell down her face.

"Look I'll explain later. Mum there looking for me. I need to get somewhere safe" Justin pleaded making sure Pattie was sat on a chair to regain composure.

"But where do we go" she said with a shaky voice as tears started to brim her eyes as she knew that her other half was dead.

"To Earth" I said then running upstairs picking up Jazzy and Jaxon up on the way.