Chapter 1

I have an inkling 

Aria P.O.V:

I hugged my school books to my chest as I manoeuvred myself through the crowds of busy teenagers hurriedly getting to the parking lot to go out of school and start the middle of October weekend with a big loud bang in the busy streets of Ontario, Canada. The crisp light air hallowed across the parking lot making stray rubbish brush across the surface of the car park. Usually a deserted place, but once the weekend was there, the rowdy crowds of teenagers appeared and caused havoc. I opened the glass doors and the cold air hugged me, making me shiver in the sudden temperature drop. 

In this part of Canada teenagers were seen as party goers and wouldn't ever been reading a book or doing something that required no intake of drugs or alcohol. People found it strange that some teenagers existed with that mindset. It's not a crime to not drink alcohol or intake drugs it just means they believe they can have a good time without been high on something artificial. Usually with this it meant that they had a series of relationships that would cause havoc and drama in the village. The village was notorious for gossip especially as the presidents of Canada's neighbours, the village was flying with rumours. 

I'm one of the girls that only went to parties occasionally unlike many girls in her school. I just didn't see that point of getting so wasted and not having fun. I was a person who took liberty in reading a good book or singing. I was an academic person, but was fashionable. I wore stuff that was in fashion and craved clothes like no tomorrow. Today, I wore a white t-shirt and red hoodie with blue jean skinny jeans with white short converses. 

My family, although broken was at the very heart of me. My mum, who lives in California was my best friend and the only person I could confide in when I was worried. Although she left quite early in my life she was still a very important person in my life and someone I admired a lot because she took control of herself and achieved her dreams. My dad, who I lived with was a president. Not just a president, the big one. He is very busy independent soul with admirable dedication that I always found difficult to understand. However, being so busy left my brother Joe, my little sister Jessica and I to entertain ourselves. I hated being alone, I craved for my Dad's attention. I wanted someone to notice me and give me the attention and love I deserved. I see couples all the time in school coming and going, you could see the real love and the fake love. I wanted something real and something that left you wanting nothing else in the world besides them. That's what I wanted! 

I heard commotion in the car park, getting to my car I saw my best friend, Nicole by my car.

I've known Nicole since I was in diapers we've been inseparable ever since.  She knew exactly how to cheer me up and knew exactly what I wanted. She listened to me a lot and knew a lot of secrets that many people would be scared of especially about the country.

"Hey gurl" Nicole cheered as she took me in her friendly embrace, not forgetting to kiss my cheek. I smiled and returned the embrace. Her long straightened blonde hair cascaded down her shoulder as she carried on plaiting it to the side.

"It's the weekend. Woop"

"I know right. I need sleep"

"Same. There's a party tonight by the way did you wanna go?"

"Thanks for the invite Nicky but I think I'm going to give it miss. Dad wants us home and I'm looking after Jessica this weekend"

"Ari.. Sam's going to be there" she said smiling. She knew my weaknesses. Sam, Sam Daniels my crush since the 7th grade has been on my mind. He looked like a boy from a magazine. He definitely modelled.