Chapter 11

"I don't need anything when I have you" 

Aria P.O.V:

I was fuming when I came in to my bedroom. Who does Joe think he is?

My Dad did believe me! That shows a lot, if he doesn't even know I'm lying or not?

I grabbed my phone and let my fingers dance across the touch screen. I pulled it towards my ear as I heard the familiar ringing noise. Within three rings. She picked up.

"Ari... I've been waiting for your call"

"Yeah sorry Justin just dropped me off and I had to speak to my Dad"

"I don't know why you bother calling him Dad"

Nicole knew everything. She knew I felt neglected from my Dad. He was always away. She was there every time.

"I know. I think I just keep waiting for the day he'll wake up"

"I'm not sure when that's going to happen Ari. Anyway, let's not talk about him. I wanna know about gorgeous boy?"

"Oh god. You better not call him that on Saturday?"

"What's happening Saturday?"

"Oh Justin and his friends are going bowling. He invited me and my friends. So I'm inviting you and Annie"

"OHH count me in. I'd love to see him with a ball"

"Nicole!"

"Wait... He's asked you hasn't he?"

"What?"

"Asked you to be his girlfriend"

"Well you'll have to see on Saturday. We've been best friends for a month now, it's been amazing to have someone listen"

"Awwww! I'm so happy for you Ari. But you never said anything"

"I know I wasn't sure if he wanted to share our relationship. He's very protective of himself and me"

"What do you mean?"

"He doesn't share much about his past or what he does at work. He isn't very open with me. I think he does stuff he doesn't want me to know"

"He think he might scare you"

"Maybe"

"So you've had a first kiss?"

"Yeah it happened really fast. We went through a rough patch but I think he knows now what he wants"

"Awww!  I'm so happy for you Ari. Wait so what happened with your Dad and Joe?"

"Well Dad asked where I was. So I said... I was with you picking out a dress, sorry i had use as an excuse? Is that okay?"

"Sure Ari! That's fine. It's probably you don't tell your Dad to be honest, I think you just have to see what you both want, its so early in the relationship and to be honest Ari if he makes you happy don't let anyone keep you from being happy" 

"Thanks Nicole. I'm so glad I have you to get advice from"

"No problem. So what's with Joe?"

"He was like stay away from Bieber"

"Still?"

"Yeah... I'm not going to pry answers to be honest, if Justin wants to tell me he will, I'm not going to start digging, I care about him obviously but if he wants to keep it private then I have to respect his decisions" 

"I'd like to see how long you cope with that?"

"What do you mean?" 

"Who was Detective Aria before?"