Chapter 24

"Lost Cause?"

Aria POV:

'Hey what's wrong, you look a little... confused?' I murmured as Nicole walked back into my bedroom.

She swiftly moved to sit next to me on my bed where I was lost in thought, and turned to look at me, her blue eyes burning with rage. She didn't say anything at first, as if she was trying to figure something out in her head, therefore I asked again.

'Its your dad, and Joey' Nicole said.

'Yeah what about them?' Moving slightly to cross my legs so that Nicole knew she had my full attention.

'I will tell you this because you have a right to know and your my best friend and I want you to be happy Aria...'

'Go on...' I bellowed eagerly.

'Well Joey has told your dad about Justin, and mentioned a Mia situation and your dad has made a decision... He has phoned the police and CSI Aria..' Nicole said with undue hesitation. Who the hell a was Mia? Was she an ex? Is she talking about Joey's friend that died like 5 years ago?

It was as if I had been hit by a train. I couldn't move, didn't know what to do and didn't know who to trust. The only person I couldn't get out of my head was Justin, and not being able to see him again if they... If they take him away! I just couldn't let that happen.

'He can't do this Nicole!' I shouted, tears rushing for an escape. I was angry. So angry. Justin was world.

I left Nicole perched tentatively on the side of my bed gripping to the lining of my duvet.

I stormed downstairs in search for Joey or my dad, anyone. I paced across the kitchen and living room and saw Joey sat at the dining room table, reading some kind of newspaper.

'What have you done Joey?' I bellowed.

'What Aria, you have to give me something more than that!' Joey said with such confidence.

"What exactly are insinuating about my boyfriend Joey?"

"He's a fucking lunatic Aria. He says he can protect you, he can't. He said he loved Mia.. And look what happened to her?"

"She died"

"Exactly my point Aria. He's dangerous"

" How could you tell dad everything. Out of all the people and worst of all encouraging him to report it to the police. How could you, it's not your decision to make' I crossed my arms waiting for his response.

'you may not see it now Aria, but I'm protecting you, it's only going to end badly with him like it has before with everything in his life and I can't sit around to witness that when the people who love you, me and Dad can do something about it! I'm not going to see you get hurt'