Chapter 9

" Well I'm glad you weren't gone for too long" 

Saturday

Aria's P.O.V:

I hadn't heard from Justin since last Sunday. Today is my birthday. I'm finally 18. Nicole was with me today, we went shopping and started to get ready for the party tonight which would start at 9. Sam and I are still together but for some reason he's been really distant and every time we try to meet up, he cancels.

I wore my party dress. It was rich ocean blue colour that had no sleeves with a sparkly bodice that spurted out at my waist finishing it with a netted skirt that came down a few inches before my knee. It looked so pretty.

"Ari you look gorgeous! Am I allowed to turn lesbian for one night?" Nicole asked 

My mouth wide open
"Nicky!" I gasped making her chuckle and a light blush for form on my cheeks.

"Justin won't be able to keep his hands of you" She added in. 

"Yeah not going to happen. He'll find someone at the party. I'm with Sam for starters, I can't just leave him for no reason" I explained. 

"Yes you can. You liked Justin before Sam came into the picture" She explained. 

"It's complicated" I replied. 

"I never thought I'd ever hear that word from your mouth" She exasperated. 

______________________

21:45pm

The party took full swing about forty-five minutes ago. Justin had yet to make his entrance. Would he still show?

Sam took of somewhere else in the party about thirty minutes ago. I was looking for him in the horrendous crowd that formed in my living room. Music blasted in the speakers. Currently playing my favourite band Maroon 5 "She Will Be Loved" I wanted to dance with Sam. If he was my date, then I'd have to dance and have a fun time. A slight gap formed the crowd, revealing a sight I couldn't unsee. A sight that would change everything all together. Sam kissing another girl.

I stomped towards them, silence filled the living room, they broke away after they sensed the silence and had shocked faces.

"Ari let me explain" He replied as he saw my face. 

"No, Sam you've had a week to tell me and you didn't! How dare you come to my party as my date and act like this" I shouted. 

"You don't get it Ari. She's an ex" He just to justify himself. He had the nerve to do this especially at my party. 

"I don't care if she's an ex Sam" I replied. 

Sam tried to pull me towards him and I tried fighting him off

"Sam stop!" I shouted. 

"No I need you" He pleaded. 

"No you don't! You need that skank over there. I want someone who can care for me, and I realise that's definitely not you. We're over Sam!" I shouted, the volume of my voice increasing each time. 

"No we fucking aren't!" Sam said trying to pull me back again. 

"Dude... I think she just said for you stop fucking touching her and she said she doesn't want you" Justin shouted from the back of the crowd, I smiled and he grabbed my hand pulling me towards him. His scent flaring into my senses. Oh god. He wore a red chequered shirt that was opening revealing a blue vest and skinny jeans with the famous supras. God.... he scores an 11.