Ch. 29: A sunsetting performance

(Disclaimer: If you haven't heard of this song above, then I will like for you to listen to it first. If so, then continue reading. The following song belongs to Christina Perri featuring Steve Kazee, this is only for fair use not for stealing or owning. Enjoy the chapter.)

"It was now 5 minutes until the sun was about to set. The pups were still playing outside, but they had about short missions today. They only had to save some of the people's pets off trees. Which wasn't really a hard job for them obviously."

Chase: Hey guys look, the sun is almost about to set

Zuma: Nice dude, but speaking of set. Whewe is Skye?

Everest: She said that she was going to look at the sunset in the back of the lookout.

Chase: Oh okay

Marshall's mind: Wait a sec... *Idea* I got it!

Marshall: Hey Chase, do you have a minute?

Chase: Sure thing

"Marshall and Chase went somewhere where the others couldn't hear their conversation, but Everest decided to follow them too."

Everest: *Whispers* What are you doing Marshall?

Marshall: *Whispers* Trust me Everest, you said that the cure is a duet right?

Everest: *Whispers* Well.... Yea

Marshall: *Whispers* Then watch me *Normal voice* So.. Chase

Chase: Yes Marshall

Marshall: I was thinking about something for you to do

Chase: And.. What would that be?

Marshall: Do you want to watch the sunset with Skye?

Chase Huh?!

Everest: You heard him

"Chase had nothing else to do but just breathe in and out slowly."

Chase: Okay, I'll do it

Everest: Woah, you said that with such confidence

Chase: Well yeah, all I have to do is believe in myself.

Marshall: So.. Your not scared?

Chase: Marshall, Marshall, Marshall. I'm a police pup, and I'm suppose to be tough and always brave from things I do best.

Everest: And that thing you do best is spending time with you know who

Chase: *Blushes* Uhhhh... Y-yea, *Stops blushing* But also the things we do best is stop crimes, stop villains and also protect the law from the bad under any circumstances.

Marshall: Are you gonna look at the sunset with Skye or are you gonna talk about being a police all day?

Chase: Probably both

*All chuckled*

"Then Chase ran and went to see the sunset with Skye, or did he?"

Marshall: Go get em tiger, or in this case go get em German shepherd.

*Both laughed*

Everest: *Sighs* Your jokes never fail me Marshall *Nuzzles* I love you

Marshall: I love you too

"Meanwhile, Chase was infront of the lookout to the left side. He looked behind him and noticed Skye enjoying the breeze while she waited for the sunset to arrive."

Chase's mind: Ok Chase, remember... just stay confident in yourself. What in dog's name am I thinking?! I can't do this!

PTSD Chase: ...Your stress is really.... ...Through the roof right now... ...Hmmm, maybe I could make myself real in front of Skye so could be a bigger embarrassment...