6.

Niall's POV

I let out a deep breath, my heart racing so hard that it left me feeling as though it was about to explode out of my chest. I tugged at my hair as I paced my room for what felt like the millionth time since we had arrived at my house. I knew that my actions were stressing Louis out but I couldn't help it. He was sat on my bed, wide blue eyes staring at me as though I was going to pass out again. 

"Holy shit, Niall. Calm down. It's going to be fine," he finally said, which caused me to freak out even more.

"Calm down?! What the hell, Louis? I can't just calm down. I have a perfectly good reason to be freaking out!" I let out. 

"Look, it'll be fine. They would have known that this may happen. Sure, it's a little earlier than expected but they can't be mad at you. Please, just sit down and stop freaking out," he said softly.

I sighed and did what he said, sitting back down on the bed next to him, placing my head in my hands. I knew he could sense I was still panicking as I felt him gently wrap his arm around my shoulder.

"What if they are, though? What if they blame me for making a stupid mistake. A mistake that resulted in me getting pregnant," I let out, feeling myself start crying again.

"They won't, Ni. Remember what the doctor said, they already knew something like this could happen. They can't blame you," Louis tried to reassure me.

"But--"

"You're going to be fine. I assure you that they will still love you regardless," he said.

I had never felt so relieved to have a friend like Louis more than I did right then. I was so thankful that Louis agreed to help me tell them. I really didn't want to have to do that on my own. 

~

I picked at my food for a little while, far too nervous to eat anything. I was worried if I so much as put one thing in my mouth, I would throw up from nerves. 

I decided to tell my parents the news during dinner. It wasn't exactly the most normal thing to just bring up out of nowhere, so I opted to do it whilst we were all sat together. I didn't actually know how else I was supposed to tell them. I didn't want to make things even more awkward than they already had to be.  

I managed to get through around halfway through dinner before I couldn't take it anymore. Louis kept throwing me glances, which did nothing but increase my nerves. My parents seemed to realise that something was going on, as they both continuously stare at me as though I was sick. 

"Niall, honey, are you okay?" mum finally asked, her brow creased with worry. 

"I-- I have to tell you something," I said nervously, dropping my fork onto my plate and flinching at the noise it made. Clearly, everything seemed to be setting me off. I took a shaky breath as they looked up from their plates curiously.

"I-I'm...I'm pregnant," I finally stuttered out, looking down at my half eaten plate in order to avoid looking at them.

I lifted my eyes to meet Louis' for comfort, still too nervous to look at my parents. As stressed as I was, I felt comforted by Louis as he sent me a small but reassuring smile. My parents didn't reply. They simply stared at me and even once I had gained the courage to look at them. I couldn't quite read their expressions. 

"I'm sorry. It was probably the biggest mistake I've ever made. I understand if you're mad," I mumbled, looking down at my lap.

I wished that I could take it back, though the damage had already been done and keeping it from my parents would not change anything.