25.

Niall's POV

Much like usual, Louis drove me to school and rushed off to see Liam as soon as we had arrived. Though what made this time different was that I was now following close behind him to see Harry, rather than just making eye contact with him from opposite sides of the parking lot like I used to do.

I wanted to talk to him, even though I was aware that we couldn't act like a couple in public. I respected Harry's reasoning for that and was perfectly okay with acting like friends for now, but I still wanted to take advantage of the fact that I could now initiate a conversation with him.

Louis greeted Liam as soon as we had made our way over to the other two boys, voice was considerably shy, something that I was definitely not used to hearing from Louis. Liam grinned, eyes crinkling in a way that I thought to be cutely as he wrapped his arm around Louis' waist.

"Hey, princess," I heard Harry whisper in my ear, stealing my attention from the other two boys. I felt the cold metal of his lip ring brush against my ear softly. I was flattered that he didn't stop with the pet names because of this because I secretly liked them. I guessed that he could tell that based on the blush on my face.

"Hi," I replied softly, pushing back the temptation to kiss him like I had been doing since we had sorted out whatever our relationship was. 

"How are you feeling today?" he asked, eyes glancing down to look at my stomach, seeming genuinely curious about my answer. 

"I'm okay. Nothing I can't handle," I smiled at him reassuringly, feeling incredibly flattered that he now wanted to speak to me, rather than just feeling obligated to. 

"You better go. You don't want to be late, do you?" he asked, eyes flickering up to look at the surrounding students who were now heading towards the school building.

"Oh, I guess. Are you going to class?" I questioned, knowing that the answer would likely be no. 

He shrugged, seeming completely unbothered by the way I raised my eyebrow. 

"Maybe go in late. If I feel like it," he told me. 

"Be good," I spoke teasingly, causing him to roll his eyes. "I'll see you later, then?" I asked, stepping away from him.

"Of course, baby," he grinned.

~

Class was as draining as it usually was and I didn't bother with paying attention. I couldn't seem to focus, no matter how much I tried to. My thoughts were way too focused on other things. 

Obviously, I was thinking of Harry, though for some reason my thoughts were not as innocent as they usually were. I was thinking about how it would feel if he would push me against a wall and roughly kiss me, hands wandering everywhere. Thoughts that were more sexual than usual and I had no idea why.

I was never particularly dirty minded. With the exception of being a boy that had gone through puberty, I had never really had the desire to do anything so sexual with anyone else. Well, nothing realistic. 

Sure, I could have put my sudden inappropriate thoughts down to the fact that I was kind of dating someone who I obviously found to be attractive but I seemed to feel as if I were losing control. 

"Niall, you okay? You seem a little distracted," Zayn asked, nudging my shoulder to get my attention.

I turned to look at him and hummed in reply. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired."