29.

Niall's POV

After having the peace of the weekend, it was Sunday night. The stressful thoughts about going back to school and facing everyone had begun to settle in. I tried not to think about it but I couldn't help but be reminded of what had happened the last time that I was there. 

Everyone, particularly Harry, had been constantly texting me to make sure I was okay. It was nice to know that I had a group of people to support me. It may be a small group, but I appreciated it nonetheless.

How was everyone going to react when I got there? Were they going to make fun of me, or silently watch and whisper as I passed them in the halls?

I let out a heavy breath and ran a hand through my now dishevelled hair. I had bitten my nails down to the point of them not even looking like nails anymore and had nearly split my lip open from biting on it.

In short, I was a mess.

I was ridiculously nervous and without even thinking properly, I picked up my phone and scrolled to Harry's name, calling him before I gave myself the chance to change my mind.

He answered after a few rings, his slow and calming voice coming through the speaker of the phone. His voice was usually able to calm me down but this time I just felt so much more worried. I had essentially ruined his life. I caused more difficulties for him, even if it wasn't only my fault, I still felt bad for bringing him into this mess. 

"You okay, princess?" he asked, almost as if he could sense that I was anything but okay.

"I'm scared about going to school tomorrow, Harry. I don't want people to make fun of me," I sighed.

"You'll be fine, Niall. I'll be there to help you. This isn't like how it was when we first found out. I'm not going to leave you, I'm not going to pretend I don't know who you are, and I'm not going to let anyone say or do shit to you. We're in this together, okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. I get that, but--"

"I know what you're going to say and I want you to stop. This isn't just your mess, okay? I'm just as much to blame and I don't want you thinking that you're dragging me into this," he sternly cut me off. 

"Harry," I sighed. "I shouldn't have to expect you to go out of your way to guard me. It's not fair," I continued, almost regretting this phone call. 

"No. If you think for a second that I don't want to protect you, then you're wrong. It's kind of my job to look after you and I intend to enjoy doing that," he countered, causing me to blush. 

"I-- okay," I hesitantly breathed out. His words did reassure me. Not entirely, but enough for me to calm down at least a little. "Thanks, Harry," I continued, my voice coming out soft and almost shy.

"No problem. Are you alright now, baby?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Of course. Bye, princess," he replied and I hung up the phone.

As there wasn't really much else I could do, I got into my bed and slowly fell asleep.

~

I awoke the next morning feeling just as sick as I did when I went to sleep the night before. It felt pretty similar to when I got morning sickness, though this time I wasn't sure when it would go away. I got out of my bed and walked towards the bathroom, finding that it was getting much more difficult to stand up and walk as I approached six months along. 

I showered and got dressed, placing my flower crown in my hair, before walking downstairs to eat something. My stomach was tied in knots due to stress, so the likelihood of me actually being able to keep a full meal in my stomach was little to none. I grabbed an apple and began to eat it slowly, waiting for Louis to text me that he had arrived.