26.

Niall's POV

"What would you guys say if I told you I'm interested in someone?" Eleanor asked.

We were sat at our usual table during lunch, much like we always were. Lunch used to to be a relatively quiet event before we had befriended Eleanor, but now that she was in our friendship group, having the silence be broken was a normal thing.

"I wouldn't believe you. Because you've made it quite clear that there are no girls worthy enough for you," Zayn replied, rolling his eyes.

"But what if I didn't know this girl until we bumped into each other?" Eleanor asked.

"Danielle?" I asked, peering at her curiously, my mind going back to the obviously new girl that quite literally knocked Eleanor off her feet.

Eleanor blushed but didn't reply because the bell for the next class began to ring. Of course, I had already seen the way she acted around the curly haired girl but I still couldn't get over the way she would even act when the topic was brought up. 

Louis and I laughed at the look on Eleanor's face. 

"Don't see why you two think it's so funny, considering the way you act whenever someone brings up your boyfriends," Eleanor muttered. 

Louis blushed, whilst I replied that Harry wasn't technically my boyfriend, Zayn simply watched on and rolled his eyes.  

"I guess this is what happens when you're the only straight person in a friendship group," he murmured. 

"So then explain your obsession with Perrie. Don't say crushes are a gay thing, Zayn," Louis raised an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, at least our crushes know we exist," Eleanor added, causing Zayn to flush.

"Well, actually. She kind of does know I exist. We're...lab partners. And we've started talking," he mumbled, growing a lot more shy than he was previously. 

"Wow, poor girl," Louis muttered, drawing a laugh from Eleanor.  

"God, I hate you all," Zayn murmured. 

~

I grabbed my books from my locker and headed over to my next class. Sadly, I was alone, so there was no excuse for me to wait by my locker. I instinctively wrapped my arms around my stomach as I walked, hoping that I wasn't making it obvious that I was protecting something.

I walked into the classroom and sat down in one of the seats, the teacher soon came in and began to teach.

"Did you hear that there's a pregnant male that goes to this school?" I heard someone say behind me.

I stiffened in my seat. How did someone find out? Sure, the bump had gotten so much bigger, but it wasn't that large yet. I was hoping I could get away with a few more weeks at least.

"How do you know that?" a clearly feminine voice asked.

"Heard some people talking about it before. Don't know who they are but I heard them say he was going to give birth in a few months," the first voice said.

"Shouldn't really be hard to find out who this freak of nature is. God I would love to find out who," the girl laughed.

A third voice piped up. "Guys, I don't really think it's our business. We should--"

"Shut the fuck up," the first voice snapped.

My heart was racing in my chest. I didn't know who those people were. I was going to turn around and see but I knew that they were going to get suspicious if I made myself seem like I was listening to them.