9.

Niall's POV

"Are you sure you want to go there alone? I can come with you if you want me to," Louis asked as he drove me to my first appointment, eyes flickering to look at me briefly before looking right back at the road.

To be honest, I had been dreading this appointment. This made it all real, and although part of me was curious, an overwhelming majority of my brain was terrified for this. 

Louis had no idea about this, however. If he knew how I was feeling, there would be no way he would be alright with letting me go to this thing without him. 

"No. It's alright, Louis. I-- I'm not going to be alone. I was texting Harry before and he told me that he's coming with me. I'll be alright," I reassured him. I was hesitant to mention Harry's name, considering it was an awkward topic for Louis. 

He stopped at a red light and looked at me in disbelief. Louis knew that Harry had given me his number but I could tell he was surprised that I was actually going to use it. 

"Really? He said that?" he asked. 

I shrugged, nodding my head. He did say it but I didn't know if he meant it. 

"I don't know why you're so shocked. This is his kid as much as it's mine. He should be expected to do all this shit alongside me," I murmured almost bitterly. 

"I know. I'm not saying he's not. I just figured he was going to be a lot more...complicated than this," Louis told me apologetically. 

As did I, if I was being honest. Although he seemed to be rude, unsympathetic and almost selfish, he was considerably good at keeping his promise. His texts, which were sparse and one-worded, left me no reason to doubt he was going to be involved. 

~

"He is coming, right?" Louis said as we parked outside the clinic. I could tell that Louis had a lot less faith in Harry than I did. 

"He said he's meeting me here," I replied, thinking back to my short text conversation with Harry. Sure, now that we had actually arrived here, I was also worried that he wouldn't turn up but I remained positive in order to calm Louis down.

I opened my phone up to mine and Harry's text conversation. We didn't say much, the only conversations I was going to have with Harry would be strictly related to this situation, so there weren't that many messages in the conversation.

"He'll be here soon," I said softly, unsure if I was convincing Louis or myself.

"Alright, I'm going to wait inside. I'll text you later," I told him, stepping out of his car. 

"How are you getting home?" he asked.

"I asked Harry if he could drive me," I said.

He seemed rather shocked but nodded nonetheless. I too, was surprised to think that Harry would be okay with driving me home but I wasn't going to complain. If we were going to do this, perhaps spending time together would be helpful. 

"Alright. Be careful, Niall. Call me if you need anything, okay?" he warned me.

I nodded and shut the door, making my way inside the building. I was immediately greeted by the sight of several women, most of them with clear baby bumps. Thankfully the people in there didn't seem too judgemental, more curious as to why I was there, rather than grossed out. I shyly walked up to the front desk, seeing the woman behind the desk look up at me and smile.

"Hello, how can I help you?" she asked.

"I'm Niall Horan," I told her, nervously fiddling with my bracelet and wondering if this woman was familiar with my situation.