12.

Harry's POV

It had already been a month since it had happened. It had felt like the longest month of my life. Yet it also felt like it had just happened, like I had woken up next to him just a day earlier. So much had happened since that day. Since I had gone to that party, gotten wasted and slept with Niall. 

I didn't feel very different towards the situation than how I felt when I first found out. The only difference being that I'd seen the baby now. I had seen the ultrasound results that showed the small human being that was inside Niall's body.

The small human being that I had helped to create.

Strangely enough, I didn't completely hate the thought. Not nearly as much as I thought I would have. I thought I would have been angry at the sight of this child but I wasn't. I was actually a little confused. Sure, I wasn't extremely happy about being a father, nor did I have sudden feelings for Niall but I wasn't angry about the current situation either. 

Liam would surely believe that this was a sign that I was slowly beginning to care for Niall. That I was slowly realising how much all of this actually meant to me but I wouldn't believe him.

I had already mentioned my lack of feelings to him. I had told him that I was not going to fall in love with Niall. Not for my own benefit, not for Niall's benefit and not for the baby's benefit. It was Liam's choice if he wanted to believe me or not.

Liam was currently at my house, mindlessly gushing on about Louis again, not aware that I had no interest in what he was saying. Though I could vaguely hear him talk about how much he wanted to do all of that shit that couples do, in which I had no understanding in, as I had never actually had an official partner.

I wasn't even paying the slightest attention to the love struck brunet next to me, instead thinking of Niall and my own confusing feelings. Which were two things that I had never expected to ever think about but unfortunately for me, I kind of had to.

"Harry, would it kill you to pretend to care?" Liam muttered, raising an eyebrow. 

I rolled my eyes, not quite sure why he was so desperate for me to listen to what he had to say about Louis. Liam should know by now that I didn't have any interest in my own love life, let alone his. And how many times could someone hear about how amazing Louis was without going the least bit mad? 

"Liam, I've heard your constant thoughts about Louis long enough. Just go and fucking ask him out and stop bothering me with this shit," I said, rolling my eyes.

Liam let out a sigh, coming to a realisation that I, in fact didn't really give a shit. About time he realised that, I'd only been staring at my wall with a blank expression on my face for about ten minutes.

I wasn't sure as to why he would think that I would care. No matter how close of friends we were, Liam would always be the nice friend who listened to me even when he didn't care but listening to other people's problems wasn't exactly my strongest point.

"God, you really are clueless about how crushes work," Liam sighed.

I shrugged. I didn't see the point of having a romantic interest. I didn't see the appeal in putting all of your trust into someone who was just going to leave you when things got too difficult. 

"From the way he looks at you, he clearly likes you back. It shouldn't be that hard. It's not like he spends time with anyone aside from Niall," I shrugged.

Mean, I know, but it was the truth. It's not like it's a terrible thing. It wasn't as if I had a multitude of friends outside of Liam. I disliked a lot of attention on me, so I enjoyed staying out of that kind of shit and I knew that there was nothing wrong with having one friend rather than fifty.