27. (!)

Niall's POV

I awoke feeling just as uncomfortable as I did when I went to sleep before. Though I didn't bother to complain, considering what had happened before I fell asleep.

Harry was still there and I didn't know if I should be surprised by that or not. Regardless of that, I was happy that he bothered to stay.

I knew I should be feeling horrible after what had happened at school but I wasn't feeling as bad as I should have. Of course, I knew that was going to change once I go back but for the moment, I didn't really care. After all, I knew that stress wasn't good for the baby, so for the time being, I was going to try my hardest to stay calm.

Not to mention, things would have been so much worse if Harry hadn't come over. I would have been laying on my bed alone, crying and hoping for the ground to swallow me, so anything else would be an improvement. 

I looked down at Harry again. It still shocked me as to how different he looked when he was asleep, compared to how he looked when he was awake. He looked so calm, like there was nothing bad in his life.

I smiled when I remembered what he had said to me before we fell asleep. I had already asked too much from him. Not only was he forced into parenthood at the age of seventeen, but I had also unintentionally forced him to come out to the school.

It was crazy to think that there was a time where he didn't want anything to do with me or the baby, considering everything he had done for me since then. Of course, it was expected of him to help me out, considering he was just as to blame as I was, but seeing him so willing to stick up for me felt amazing. 

I lay back down next to him and he tightly wrapped his arms around my waist. I knew that he was awake but neither if us had said anything for a few minutes.

"Hey, baby," he finally mumbled, kissing my neck softly.

I hummed in reply and instinctively leaned into his lips, not wanting the feeling to go away.

"Can I please shower now? I don't understand why you made me wait. I feel disgusting," I said, cringing in disgust.

"Did you realise that there's a 'we' in 'shower?'" he grinned.

I blushed, knowing exactly what he was implying. 

"Are you saying..."

"If you want to, then yes. I am suggesting that we should shower together," he replied.

I wasn't sure if that was because of the hormones or not, but I had the confidence to meet his eyes and nod. I was nervous about being naked in front of Harry but I couldn't deny that I really wanted this.

He got out of my bed and helped me to stand up. By now the baby bump was really starting to show, and although it wasn't that big just yet, it took some getting used to. Every move that I made felt different and it almost put me off balance most of the time. 

I headed into the bathroom, hearing Harry's soft footsteps behind me. I tried to not make it obvious that I was nervous but I was pretty sure that Harry could sense it. I closed the door behind us and locked it, turning back around to see that Harry was in the process of removing his shirt. I didn't move, my gaze was fixed on Harry's now shirtless figure. 

My eyes immediately fell on the countless marks on his skin, both the tattoos inked into his skin as well as those small, faded scars, which I knew better than to draw attention to.

"Are you going to undress, or are you just going to stare at me?" he asked, raising his pierced eyebrow with a smirk on his lips.

I blushed, not daring to look him in the eye, in fear of making myself even more embarrassed than I already was, and silently reached for the bottom of my shirt.