19.

Niall's POV

Harry didn't stay for much longer after that. Much like the time he had came over for dinner, he seemed to be in a rush to leave. He never really had a reason to leave. At least, not that I knew of. 

We would be sitting in silence, being somewhat friendly with each other, when he would suddenly close off and leave. Harry was a confusing person, so I didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary but it still made me feel rather strange.

Although the abrupt exits were confusing, the strangest part of his behaviour was the fact that he was even willing to come over just because I told him that I was having cravings. We barely knew each other and we weren't even friends, so why did he so easily agree to help me?

Though perhaps that just proved he was very different from how others described him. From how I previously described him. 

It made me wonder about who he really was underneath the cold exterior that he showed to everyone. 

~

I guessed I had fallen asleep sometime after that because I was awoken by my phone buzzing. I picked it up to see that it was Louis who was calling me.

"Yeah, Lou?" I asked as soon as I answered.

I knew that Louis had been out with Liam but since it was already around three in the afternoon, I assumed that he was home again. I was worried, considering I didn't think Louis would ever call someone this late unless something was happening. He remained silent, which was odd. There were very few things that could stop Louis from talking. 

"They're doing it again," he finally muttered, his voice cracking slightly.

What he meant by that, was that his mother and her boyfriend were fighting. They did it very often and it drove Louis mad, but deep down he was sad about it. I'm really the only person who had seen him cry over it. Louis hated his mother's boyfriend but he had no say in who she dated, which left him almost powerless. It really was the only time Louis ever felt weak. 

"That's why you were upset the other day, wasn't it?" I asked, thinking back to that morning he had picked me up for school practically in tears. 

"I-- yeah," he replied quietly and I almost couldn't hear it. 

"Lou, you have to tell me about these things," I sighed, sitting up straight and suddenly feeling a lot more awake than I was previously. 

"I'm sorry, Ni. I just hate bringing it up. And with everything you're going through I just thought that it didn't matter," he murmured. 

"Yeah, my life's been a mess at the moment but I care about you. No matter what I'm going through, I'll always have time for you. I just can't help you if you don't tell me what's going on."

I could hear a loud noise coming from Louis' end and I tried to ignore it for Louis' sake, but that didn't stop the other boy from releasing an almost defeated sigh. 

"You'll be okay. Do you want me to come over?" I asked.

"No, I don't want you to see it," he said quietly, almost as if he were ashamed of it.

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeah. I'm not letting you leave the house at this time, especially since you're pregnant. Besides, they'll be finished soon and we can all pretend like it never happened," he breathed out.