32.

Niall's POV

"You never talk to me anymore," Louis ranted as the two of us walked down the crowded hall, ignoring the looks we were getting from the students surrounding us. Many people were still staring at me weirdly but the insults were slowly becoming more and more rare.

"Lou, I spoke to you yesterday. It's been one day," I rolled my eyes.

"Well you're barely talking to me now. You keep zoning out and staring at the ground. Are the hormones getting to you or something?" he asked. "Is it cat food this time?"

"Hilarious," I muttered. 

The real reason I continued to zone out was because my mind kept drifting off to thinking of Harry. It wasn't really my fault, I was pregnant, so it only made sense that I got a little attached. Though I didn't think that Harry minded about all the attention that I was giving him.

"Well, what is it?" he questioned. 

"Nothing," I replied, blushing when I felt his eyes narrow at me in question.

"Niall, what did you do?" he asked.

"I didn't do anything. It was kind of both me and Harry," I said before I could stop myself.

"Well, what did you two do?" he asked. "And please, nothing too graphic."

"We, uh-- we got together. Officially," I told him, knowing that he was going to get it out of me one way or another. Might as well tell him before he found out from someone else.

"Are you serious? It's about fucking time."

"Louis, shut up," I hissed, noticing several more people look over to us.

"What's the big deal? Everyone knows that it was going to happen eventually. If they didn't already," he shrugged. 

"I don't want to draw attention to it," I muttered, causing Louis to roll his eyes. 

"I hardly call the two of you kissing in front of the whole school as 'not wanting to draw attention to it.' It's not as if no one was expecting it," Louis defended himself. 

"Yeah, maybe so. I still want to keep it private. I have people shoving themselves in my business as it is, I don't want another reason for people to give me shit," I told him. 

"Ni, I'm sorry. I'm just happy that you're happy, I guess. Can't really say I'm all too pleased with your choice of boyfriend but if you're happy with it, then perhaps I have to be too." 

I knew that Louis wasn't the biggest fan of Harry but I supposed it was a good thing that he was trying to be supportive. 

"Are you ever going to give him a chance? He's nothing like how you think he is. In fact, he's literally the opposite of how you think he is," I spoke, furrowing my eyebrows when Louis let out a sigh. 

"So you keep saying. I just can't look past the dick that brushed you off so easily. If you trust him, then I guess I have no choice but to be happy for you both, but if he even thinks of hurting you again, I'll--"

He didn't manage to finish his sentence as I had cut him off with a sudden gasp of pain, feeling a sharp pain in my stomach. It was so abrupt and it felt as though someone had sliced a knife along my insides.

"Fucking hell," I hissed, making Louis turn to look at me curiously. I bit my lip harshly as I felt more pain rip through my stomach, wrapping my arms around my stomach in attempts of getting rid of the pain. 

"Lou, I think something's happening," I let out a breath.

By now, several people had turned to look at me. Whilst I was still receiving the same judgemental stares, it seemed that some people looked genuinely concerned of what was happening. Nice to know that some people had the capacity to feel empathetic.