5.

Niall's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, letting out a frustrated groan at the sunlight, which was hitting me directly in the face. I felt a little dazed, my thoughts were cloudy and my head was spinning. 

I frowned when I realised that I had woken up in Louis' car. I couldn't really remember what had happened leading up to this moment but the last thing I could remember was going to the bathroom. I lay there confused for a moment until it all came back to me. I remembered throwing up in the bathroom during lunch and fainting when I saw Harry.

So if Harry was the one to find me, how did I get out of the bathroom? I expected him to leave me there. I mean, he slept with me one night, then woke up the next morning, threatened me not to tell anyone and then left me in a stranger's home. He didn't seem like the most helpful person.

"Are you okay?" I looked up to see that Louis was sitting next to me, concern written all over his face now that he had realised I was awake. 

"I'm fine," I murmured. 

"What happened in the bathroom?" he questioned me, his expression incredibly firm, leaving me no room to hide. 

I sighed, turning away from his gaze and trying to ignore his own frustrated sigh. 

"Niall, I'm just trying to help," he let out, trying to keep his tone calm. 

"I-- I know, I just don't want you to worry about me," I tried to reassure him but it was a futile attempt. 

"You passed out in the fucking bathroom. I think I'm beyond getting worried about you," he replied, raising an eyebrow. 

"Okay, fine. I felt sick and went to throw up," I admitted almost bitterly. 

"Alright. That wasn't too hard was it?" he said, his voice coming out almost teasingly and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. 

"How long was I out for?"

"About half an hour," he answered.

"Wait-- that means class must have started. We better go," I let out, sitting up straight and reaching for the door handle. 

"Do you seriously think I'm going to let you just go to class as if nothing's happened? No, sit down. I'm taking you to the doctors and we're finding out what's wrong with you."

"I think that can wait until later," I commented, worried that we would get into trouble for skipping class.

"Niall, this is serious. I've never seen someone pass out because of a stomach bug. Now, listen to me or I'll lock the door and force you out of this school," he told me, his voice firm, leaving little room for argument. 

"Fine," I sighed, allowing Louis to smile gratefully and start the car. 

~

We soon made it to the doctors and I found myself sitting in the waiting room. It wasn't very crowded so I would hopefully be able to be called in soon. 

I let out a sigh, still feeling particularly nauseous. I was incredibly grateful that Louis thought to give me a piece of gum, the lingering taste of bile almost made me feel even worse. 

"Hey. You alright?" Louis questioned, looking up from his phone as if he could sense my uneasiness. 

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just-- being here makes it seem serious. I feel like something's really wrong with me," I admitted. As indifferent as I tried to be before, sitting in the waiting room made me feel as though things were about to go incredibly.