Chapter 2

Aether smiled at me and spoke...

« Hi. » He said.

A simple hi was enough to get me all excited. I smiled widely.

« Hello... » I said, a bit nervous.

« Could you come with me? » He asked.

Me? Go with him? Where?

« Uh-... well, yeah. I mean... where? » I asked, looking around, still nervous to actually be talking with someone from my favorite band.

« Just backstage. » He said mindlessly.

« Wait, wait, wait... backstage? Do you mean with the band?! » I asked.

He nodded and smiled at me.

Should I?

I looked around to see if Kelly was coming and smiled after making sure she wasn't there. I gestured for him that he could go and that I would follow him. My heart was beating hard in my chest... this was so exciting.

I followed him until we got to a large room backstage. He opened the door and told me to wait outside.

«Ah, right. Thank you, Aether!» I heard a very familiar voice inside the room.

Copia then came out of the room and closed the door behind him so we would be alone and unbothered by the ghouls inside.

«It's nice to see you again, Y/N» He said.

«Wh-... How do you know my name?» I asked, confused.

«We know each other. Don't tell me you dont remember me...» Cardi said, chuckling.

He then noticed the confusion and sighed. « Tobias. From high school? » He said with a little smile.

«Oh! Oh my god! What?!» I said as it all snapped all of a sudden.

Copia chuckled at my reaction. «So... I remember our music class together. You played guitar, didn't you?» He then asked.

«Yeah... we played together a few times.» I said, calming down slowly.

«Right. So what would you say if I told you that you could be a potential band member? Playing guitar and maybe doing some back vocals?» He said with a small smirk.

My eyes widened once again. «Wait, what?!» I exclaimed, a bit louder than intended.

« You heard me... » He said.

« Oh my-... I mean... I would love to! Why are you offering me this? » I asked.

« It's as easy as this... I've been looking for new musicians lately and you came to mind. I remember when we used to hang out in 9th grade... » Copia said, smiling as he remembered our friendship.

« Yeah... » I said, starting to remember why we stopped hanging out together.

I quickly shook off those thoughts and looked at Copia again.

« So... you're actually saying that I can be a member of your band? » I asked.

Copia smiled and nodded in answer to my question.

« I can't believe you, Tobias... Thank you... » I muttered as I hugged him without asking first.

I quickly pulled away and apologized for the sudden hug, but he told me it was alright.

« So... What would you like the others to call you? They can't call you by your real name... For now, everyone's identity is unknown even for the band... » Copia said.