Chapter 31

« Close your eyes real quick. » He said with a smile.

« You're making me wait now? » I joked as I closed my eyes while giggling.

I heard him chuckle before he took something, and then it all went silent. I felt his presence behind me... He was behind me?

« You can open your eyes... » He said, seeming excited.

I opened them, and the first thing I noticed is that he put a necklace around my neck. It was a cute double necklace (idfk how to call it 😍) with a moon on the longest one and a star on the shortest chain. What was even cuter is that it was a moon for Moon, my Ghoulette name.

(The necklace:

« Sodo! It's really pretty! Awh, you didn't have to! » I said as I turned around and hugged him tightly

« But I wanted to. » He said smiling as he hugged me back as tightly as I was hugging him.

I still didn't understand what the cute outfit was for, but I soon got my answer.

« And since you deserve more than a necklace, I'm taking you out to dinner. » Sodo's smile grew wider, and his eyes lit up as he spoke.

I giggled and pulled away from the hug, planting a kiss on his cheek at the same time. « So that's what the outfit is for. » I said.

He nodded, and his smile remained.

« I'll go get ready. I love you! » I gave him a quick kiss on the lips before putting my mask back on and heading upstairs to my room.

How lucky was I to have a man like him in my life?

As soon as I got in my room, I closed the door behind me and changed into something cuter for a dinner date with him. I put on white pants and a black long-sleeve top. It was simple but fancy, I mean, for me since I don't wear something like that on a daily basis. I kept the necklace that Sodo just gifted to me around my neck. I then did my makeup. I did something simple and made sure it wouldn't get all smudged under the mask since I would have to wear it to go back downstairs and head out.

(The outfit:

As soon as I was done

As soon as I was done. I headed downstairs and saw Sodo already waiting for me, his boots already on, and his coat in his hands. He put it on when I walked towards him. I put my own boots and coat on.

« Date night, I see? » Cirrus teased as she saw Sodo and I about to head out.

« Cirrus, leave them! » Cumulus whisper-yelled at Cirrus as she dragged her away.

(Always Cirrus teasing those two 😭)

A soft laugh escaped my lips at the scene. The two of us headed out, and Sodo started the car. I took a seat in the passenger seat while he sat in the driver's seat. We both took off our masks after Sodo had pulled out of the driveway. Just the car ride to where Sodo was bringing me was already fun as we sang along to Guns N' Roses songs. Every time a new song started, we said if we thought they would play it at the concert we were going to or not.

As soon as we arrived at the place Sodo was taking me, I couldn't help but be in awe. He had brought me to a fancy, like, really fancy restaurant. He was wasting a lot of money just to make me happy, he didn't have to, yet he did it. It was also probably a way of proving he was really sorry for the events that happened at the party. He was just too adorable.

«M'lady. » He said with a playful smirk as he held out his hand for me to take.

I smiled and took his hand. Adorable. Did I already say it? Whatever. ADORABLE, literally.

We walked inside, and the waiter took us to a table with booths on the side of the window. I didn't even notice it, but the restaurant was close to the beach. We had a gorgeous view of the snowy beach, ocean, and sunset from where we sat. Satan, how was it beautiful... Our waiter gave us two menus, and we checked what we wanted.

Everything looked so delicious, yet everything was so expensive. After all, Sodo did take me to one of the most fancy restaurants around. I ordered my favorite meal and took my favorite drink as well with that while Sodo did the same. He ordered his favorite meal along with his favorite drink.

Even if he was super adorable and kind for taking me to a restaurant and buying me a necklace, there was still a small part of me that knew I couldn't forgive him easily like this. What he did, even if he was drunk, broke my heart, and there's no way back. I'm gonna forgive him, but not completely. Maybe eventually I will, but that's not the case at the moment. His actions hurt me to the point that I locked myself in my room and didn't come out for a few days, it's obvious that there's still a part of me that's mad at him after that.

Anyway, it wasn't time to think about all of this now. Just enjoy the meal with him.

_________________________________

Word count: 907

Sorry, kinda short chapter

Btw, sorry about the slow updates! I have very low motivation, and I spend a lot of time away from home 😭