Chapter 3

After Mountain and I went back to the living room, Aether came to ask me some questions. It really looked like he wanted to be my friend. Before I could answer any of the questions, I got cut off by Sodo, who was sitting on the couch next to Aether.

« Why would you want to know about her? Do you actually think she likes you, Aether? » Sodo said as he glared at me.

Was he trying to make Aether think I was a bad person? Aether and I looked over at Sodo.

« I do like him. Maybe show some respect to Aether. He's a good person! » I said as I frowned back at him.

Sodo groaned before walking out of the living room. A few seconds later, we heard a door slam. It was probably Sodo. Oh boy, it was easy to anger him... or did he just not like me?

« I made him upset, didn't I? » I asked Aether.

« He gets upset easily. Don't worry about that. » Aether answered, smiling at me.

I spent the whole day chatting with the ghouls as they got to know me more. I was having so much fun with the ghouls. I didn't notice how fast time goes. It was already 4:30 PM, and Cumulus and Copia were making dinner. Aether also wanted to help, but apparently, last time he tried cooking, he set the whole kitchen on fire. Must've been chaos.

«Guys, dinner is ready!» Cumulus exclaimed.

I headed to the kitchen, followed by Swiss and Mountain, who were chatting with me. As I arrived in the kitchen, there was only one seat left, next to Sodo. Neither of us wanted to sit next to each other, but I guess I had to, I would feel bad asking someone to change places just because I didn't want to sit next to Sodo. I sat down, and Sodo glared at me for a few seconds before starting to eat the food that Cumulus and Copia made. What did I ever do to him, damn...

I also started to eat the food, and it tasted so good compared to the food I made myself. My mother never really helped me make my own lunch, so most of the time, the food tasted horrible because, let's be honest, I suck at cooking.

After everyone finished eating, Copia decided that we should go practice playing a few songs to see how good I was playing with the others. Of course, playing alone or with others, there was no difference.

We practiced a few songs, and after we ended the song Dance Macabre, I felt something hit my head. It didn't hurt and was small, but I still felt it. I looked on the ground and saw a guitar pick on the ground, Sodo's guitar pick.

« What was that for..? » I asked, turning to look at him before he threw another one at me. « Hey-! » I said as a third one hit my head.

« Stop complaining! » He said, sounding pissed as the whole room went silent.

« What did I even do to you for you to hate me like that?! » I exclaimed.

Rain and Cumulus were starting to get nervous as they seemed to not like when people argued.

« Can't you shut up?! » He shouted as he got closer to me, practically being in my face.

Why was he putting on the tough act?

« Calm down, you gremlin! » Mountain said, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and lifting him in the air as he was shorter than him.

« Put me down! » Sodo angrily exclaimed as he lowkey punched the air.

« Are you alright? » Cumulus asked, worried.

I nodded as I looked over at Sodo, who had broken himself free from Mountain's grasp. He was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed and staring at the ground.