Chapter 13

Completely out of context, but his eyes 😍 (picture ^)

I headed to my room and sat in my bed. Mountain was sleeping, and I didn't want to wake him up, so I tried making as little noise as possible. I grabbed a pair of joggings and one of Rain's hoodies and went into the bathroom to change. When I headed back to my room, I saw Rain sitting on his bed.

« Oh, Hey, Moon! Where were you? » He whispered, to not wake up Mountain.

« I was with Sodo and Kelly at the lake. » I answered, also whispering.

« You went without me? » He joked.

« Yeah. » I answered, quietly chuckling.

« Anyways, how did it go? Did Sodo annoy the shit out of you? » Rain asked.

I laughed a bit. « Surprisingly, no. » I answered, blushing as I remembered what happened before we went back home.

« Oh yeah? That's new. » Rain said, seeming suspicious.

« Rain... if I tell you a secret, you promise to keep it, right? » I asked, still whispering.

« Of course. » He answered, growing curious about what that secret was.

« Okay, I trust you, you better not tell anybody. » I said. « ... So, when we were at the lake earlier, Sodo and I kissed. » I shyly said.

« No, really? Dang, I guess this means Aether owes 20$ to Swiss. » Rain said, quietly chuckling.

« What? Did they make a bet? » I asked. Those two boys were unbelievably dumb.

« Yeah, well, that's good for you! Tho, you two dating or..? » He asked.

« I don't know... It's not official... yet. » I said, somehow embarrassed.

« Well, you kissed, and Sodo likes you, so... » He said.

« How the hell do you know that? » I asked.

« What, that he loves you? » He asked. I nodded. « Oh, he told Swiss, but Swiss told Aether, and it got to me. » He explained.

« ... Oh well. » I said, lying down on my bed and looking at the ceiling.

« You good? » He asked.

I sighed. « Yeah... It's just that I think it's weird. He went from hating me to loving me. » I said.

« Well, he probably did that because in his head, he thought that girls liked 'bad boys.' » Rain explained, chuckling a little.

« That's such a dumb thing to do. » I said, chuckling as well.

« Not surprising from Sodo. » Rain said. « If he went from 'hating' to loving you, It's probably because he figured out that his thing didn't work on you. » Rain continued, shrugging.

« Hmh, maybe. » I said. « Wait... This means that he liked me since the beginning? » I asked.

« I guess so. » Rain answered.

« ...Well, I'm going to sleep now. Good night, Rain.» I said as I laid in my bed and pulled the blankets over myself.

« Night, Moon. » He said.

-✰-

I woke up kinda late, considering the time I went to sleep yesterday. I walked into the living room but got stopped by Swiss.

« So... what's up with you and Sodo? » He asked, grinning mischievously.

My face turned red. Thankfully, we were wearing masks. I didn't answer and tried to get past him, but he stopped me again.