Chapter 17

As soon as we got home, I got out of the car and went to my room to start packing my things. When I was finally done, I changed into my pajamas (some joggings and one of Rain's hoodies 😪), and went to sleep only to get woken up in the middle of the night because of a thunderstorm outside. I sat in my bed and rubbed my eyes under my mask before grabbing my phone to check what time it was.

1:21 AM, I could sleep more. I tried going back to sleep but I couldn't, the rain hitting the window and the sound of the thunder didn't help no, but that wasn't the actual reason I couldn't sleep. I was so stressed to leave, I was going into a completely new country, I was leaving Kelly behind, and I had to take the plane. I got out of bed to go make myself a glass of water. I looked out of the window as I drank the water and nearly choked when I saw a reflection of someone behind me in the window.

I quickly turned around to see Sodo standing behind me.

« You're not sleeping? » He asked, pulling me into a quick hug. He pulled away but kept his arms around me.

« No, I'm just so stressed. » I said, putting my glass of water on the counter.

« Don't worry, everything's gonna be fine. » He said.

« I hope so... » I said.

« Also, you know you can borrow my hoodies instead of Rain's? » Sodo said, looking pissed that I always take Rain's hoodies.

I chuckled. « I'm gonna keep that in mind. » I said, smiling under my mask.

« What are you doing up anyways? » I then asked him. There was a sudden loud thunder and it scared me, causing me to flinch.

« Oh, I never went to sleep, I've been in the living room since I was done packing my things. » He answered my question.

« Sodo, you need some sleep. It's important! » I said.

« Well, you need some sleep too. » He said.

I sighed. « You're right. Good night then. » I said, getting pulled into a hug once again. I hugged him back this time.

« Good night. » He said with a soft voice before kissing my forehead (or mask 🤷‍♀️).

We both went back to our rooms but I still couldn't sleep. I stared at the ceiling and started thinking about so many things at once that I didn't even know what I was thinking of anymore.

| The next morning |

It was 5 AM. Some of us were starting to wake up. I didn't sleep of the whole night, I've been laying in my bed fake sleeping, or at least trying to sleep. I headed to the living room and said good morning to the Ghouls that were already awake.

« Morning Moon! Damn, did you even sleep? » Swiss asked as he looked at me literally falling on the couch.

« No. » I said in a tired voice.

« Poor you, go back to sleep, we'll take care of your things. » Cumulus said, rubbing my back.

« Thank you Cumulus. » I said, side-hugging her before slowly walking back to the bedroom where I fell on my bed and tried to sleep again.

To my surprise, I actually fell asleep this time and slept until 6:30. Rain woke me up, saying that we had to leave for the airport.

I grabbed my things and as soon as we arrived at the airport, Kelly ran towards us. She hugged me so tightly.

« Kelly! You're already here! » I exclaimed, hugging her back.

« I'm gonna miss you so much! » She exclaimed as she hugged me even tighter.