Chapter 12

A/N: This chapter is probably one of the chapters you guys have been waiting for the most 🤭

-✰-

I was sitting in my bed at 2 AM, and I couldn't sleep at all. I was tired, but every time I tried to sleep, it looked like I wasn't. I had nothing to do just sitting in my bed, so I left my room and went into the living room. I looked out the window and saw how clear the sky was, no clouds or anything blocking the view. All I saw were stars. I was so concentrated on looking at the sky that I didn't even notice someone was calling my name.

" Moon..?? " A familiar voice said, not sounding curious nor concerned. Just... monotone.

" Hmh? Sodo, what are you doing up this late? " I asked as I turned my head to see him standing next to the couch.

" I don't know, I just woke up. " He said, shrugging.

" You don't always wake up at this time, do you? " I asked.

" No, no, but why are YOU up at this time? " He asked as sat next to me.

" I can't sleep. " I answered as if it was obvious in a way.

" Why? " He then asked.

" I don't know, it happened like three times this month. " I answered.

" That's weird. " He said.

" How is it weird? " I asked.

" I don't know, I don't even know why I said that. Do you think it's insomnia? " He asked out of nowhere.

I took some time to think about it and shrugged as I wasn't so sure about it.

" The sky is so pretty tonight. " He then said as he started looking out the window.

I nodded in response and smiled under my mask. For some reason, I started to remember when I first got here and how Sodo used to be mean to me and hated me. Now he was friendly with me, guess he got used to me being here. Maybe he was mean to me because he had never seen me before and didn't trust me. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard Sodo say my name.

" Moon, I've been calling your name like 5 times. Are you even alive? " He asked.

" Huh? Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry, I was lost in my thoughts. " I answered, a bit embarrassed.

" Anyways, I... Never mind, good night. " He said, getting up.

" Wait! What were you about to say? " I quickly asked before he walked back to his room.

" It's nothing. " He answered as he left the room.

I raised a brow as he walked away. It annoyed me when people didn't finish their sentences and didn't even say what they were about to say, like, I want to know goddamn. I continued looking out of the window and eventually started to feel tired. I went back to my room and fell asleep this time.

-✰-

By 8 AM, I got woken up by my phone, ringing. It was Kelly, calling me.

" Hi? " I answered in a tired voice.

" Hey, Bae!! You sound tired, I woke you up, didn't I? " She asked.

" Yeah. " I answered as I sat in my bed and took time to get fully awake before getting out of bed.

" Sorry about that, but I was thinking that maybe today we could go to the lake I love so much. We can go by 1 PM if you want, but I'm telling you, we're going to spend the day there. I love looking at the sunset at the lake. " Kelly said.

" That's a good idea! " I exclaimed. " By the way, Sodo is coming with us today, you don't mind, right? " I asked.

" Nah, totally fine with me. " She answered, sounding like she was teasing me in some way...?