Chapter 38

Sodo and I walked through the mall. It wasn't as crowded as usual today, and it kinda made me surprised. We stopped at a few stores to just check out some stuff, and we stopped at other stores to buy a few things. Eventually, I saw a clothing store and decided to check for new clothes like a dress or maybe just fancy clothes. Sodo just followed me into the store and surprisingly didn't complain about the fact that we were going there. He usually would complain that I always spent too much time going through all the different clothes and trying them on, but today he didn't say anything.

I chose a few clothing items and went into the trying cabin to see if I liked it or not. One of those many clothing items was a dress, and it was Sodo who had chosen it. He said that it was literally perfect for me, so I decided to try it out just for him. It wasn't a flowy dress but more like a tight kind of dress and it hugged the form of my body but I wasn't so sure if I liked it or not. It was the perfect length and size for me, plus it was my favorite color but I couldn't see myself wearing that without feeling too insecure. I got out of the dressing room wearing the dress to ask Sodo what he thought about it.

« Sodo, love, are you sure about this dress? » I asked a bit quietly as I stood in front of him.

His eyes widened as he saw me, and he smiled. He liked it, didn't he?

« You look gorgeous. » He said, looking literally mesmerized.

I smiled softly. « You think so? » I asked him, finding his reaction cute.

« Absolutely. It looks beautiful on you. You look like a princess. » Sodo said, smiling at me as he looked at me up and down, admiring how I looked in that dress.

(Btw, thanks to sodoghoul_is_hot for giving me the idea of what was written above! :))

I chuckled and gave him a kiss on the cheek as he complimented me like this. He then stood up and stood next to me as he smiled rather mischievously at me.

« But you know where I think it would look better? » He asked quietly with a smirk.

Alright, what was he going to say this time? I looked over at him. « Where? » I asked curiously, yet expecting a certain answer from him.

« On my bedroom floor. » He whispered in my ear with a smirk.

I knew this man was flirty, but damn I think he was getting too comfortable. He was being way more direct these days, and I felt like he wanted something... He was making it more and more obvious.

I was expecting him to say that, but I still blushed. « You can't keep doing that, Sodo... » I joked as I looked away while the blush started going away.

« Why not? Am I embarrassing you? » Sodo teased as he sat back down as I went back inside the cabin to put my normal clothes back on.

I just laughed and changed back into my clothes before putting all the clothes I liked in a bag so I could buy them. As soon as I stepped out, Sodo and I headed towards the counter to pay.

« So? Are you going to buy the dress? » Sodo asked curiously.

I nodded in answer to his question. He just smiled and whispered a quiet "Yes!" We soon arrived at the counter, and I put the clothes down onto the counter. I gave the cashier the money for the clothes, and then Sodo and I headed out.

We continued walking in the mall for a few minutes again, and then we decided to go home as we didn't have any other store we wanted to go in. Sodo offered to carry all my bags, but he was already carrying a few bags of mine, so I refused not to make the job harder for him. Yet he insisted. When we got to the car, we both placed the bags into the trunk and hopped in the car.

« That was fun. Thanks for bringing me, Sodo. » I said, kissing him on the cheek as I fastened my seatbealt.

« No problem, my love. » He replied, smiling as he started the car.

He then started to drive home. As Sodo pulled into the driveway of the house, we put on our masks, and we both noticed a car we had never seen here before. Sodo was quite pissed off as whoever owned this car had parked in "his spot," but I told him it was no big deal. He still seemed pissed off but didn't make a fuss about it. We got in the house and took off our boots and coats. As I went straight to my room while Sodo went into the living room with the others.

Once I got in my room, I grabbed my sketchbook as I felt like drawing. I opened it to a blank page and started drawing whatever I could even think about. As I was drawing, I heard a light knock on the door. The door was wide open, so I didn't really bother to check as whoever knocked could just talk.

« Hello! » An unfamiliar voice said.

I looked at whoever said hello. « Hi! » I said before looking back at my sketchbook.

Wait...

I had to look a second time.

The person giggled as she noticed my confusion. « I'm Aurora! It's nice to meet you, Moon! Your friend told me you'd be in your room so I had to come and greet you. I love your name, by the way! » Aurora said, walking towards me with a smile underneath her mask.

She seemed sweet.

« Oh... Thank you, Aurora! It's nice to meet you too. » I said, still a bit caught off-guard by her sudden presence here.

« What are you drawing? » Aurora asked, looking at my sketchbook as it rested open on my desk.

« Honestly, I'm not sure myself. » I said, chuckling quietly as I looked down at the drawing I did.

It didn't exactly look like something specific, but it looked like a girl in a way.

« Oh, well... It's still pretty, tho! » She said, smiling.

« Thank you! » I said, smiling as well.

Yeah, she was sweet. Perhaps we could be good friends.

___________________________________

Word count: 1074