Chapter 5

I gave Sodo the address and during the whole car ride, not a single word came out of our mouths. When we got there, he parked in the street.

« Can you come with me..? I always feel uncomfortable around my mother... » I asked.

My heart was beating really fast, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go there anymore.

« Why even am I doing this? » Sodo muttered to himself as we both got out of the car.

I took out my keys and unlocked the door. I hesitated before opening the door but ended up opening it. The first thing I heard was my mother shouting at me. Well... she wasn't asleep.

«Y/N L/N WHERE WERE YOU?!» She shouted at me.

At this point, I was sure that the whole neighborhood heard it. I suddenly remembered I was with Sodo. I turned around and he was looking at me in a 'shocked' way. I turned back to my mother.

«WHAT ARE YOU DOING STILL IN THAT AWFUL OUTFIT? AND DIDN'T I TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN'T BRING FRIENDS OVER?» She continued shouting.

Hearing her shout at me like that brought back many bad memories. I looked at the floor and started to cry, I couldn't help it. I ran to my room to grab my guitar and didn't even answer any of my mother's 'questions'. I tried my best to ignore her, hoping I would never ever go through the same hell that my child self had to endure.

«Y/N ANSWER ME, WHERE WERE YOU? YOUR DUMBASS FRIEND TOLD ME YOU WEREN'T AT HER HOUSE.» My mother shouted from the kitchen.

I put my guitar in its case. « I was with people who treat me with respect! And dont even try to call Kelly a dumbass because she's a kind-hearted person, and she cares about me, unlike you!! » I shouted back as tears rolled down my face.

Gosh... I looked so pathetic in front of Sodo.

Sodo, who was waiting at the door for me to come back, looked at my mother as he tried to not yell at her because of how mean she was to me. Carrying my guitar, I walked back to the door. Sodo opened the door for me.

«WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!» My mother exclaimed, grabbing my arm.

«Let me go!» I exclaimed as I turned around.

«You're not going anywhere young lady!» My mother said as she made me fall on the floor with no hesitation.

Sodo helped me get up. I looked at my mother with tears filling my eyes. My mother was about touch me again but Sodo pushed her away.

« SHE'S YOUR DAUGHTER YOU INNOCENT BITCH, TREAT HER WITH RESPECT. » Sodo shouted as he already had enough of my mother.

My mother was FURIOUS. Sodo and I ran to the car. As Sodo was putting my guitar in the trunk, I was waiting in the passenger seat for him to get in. He finally sat and started the car before leaving this horrible place.

« ...are you okay? » Sodo asked, it looked like he hesitated to say that.

I looked at him. It looked like he completely changed in just one second. Still crying, I answered his question.

«I'm fine. Also, I know you heard my name. Please, keep this to yourself. I really should've gone alone. This was so embarrassing.» I said, wiping my tears away.

« Things could've been worse if you went alone. » Sodo said as he continued focusing on the road.

«Thank you, Sodo. » I said as I smiled under my mask.

Once again, the whole car ride was silent. During the car ride, I kept thinking about all sorts of things. When we got back to our house, we both got out of the car. Sodo opened the trunk, but as he was about to grab my guitar, I hugged him. He simply froze. He was blushing under his mask for sure but I really needed a hug. He tried pushing me away for a second but let me hug him which actually surprised me.