Chapter 25

[MOON'S POV]

I woke in... a hospital bed? Sodo was sitting on a chair by the bed while a nurse was talking to him.

I shakily sat up in the hospital bed. I confusedly looked around the room, wondering what I was doing here. I couldn't remember anything after when we left the music store. My right arm was in a cast, and the right side of my head hurt. I had a slight headache and also a slight pain in my ribs.

« You're up! » Sodo exclaimed.

I looked back at him and smiled. It seemed like the nurse was gone now.

« How are you feeling? » He asked.

« Well, um. I feel pain literally all over my right side, but I'm fine, I guess. » I answered.

« The doctor said you had a few broken ribs. He said that you would probably need crutches to help you walk, or at least someone to help you walk. Your arm isn't broken, I think, but the doctor said to keep it in a cast. » Sodo said, taking my left hand in his.

(Crutches sounds weird. Is that actually what you call them?)

« What happened? Are you okay? » I asked, noticing a few cuts on his face and a bit of dry blood below his nose.

« I'm fine, you're not. You don't remember what happened? » He asked.

I shook my head no.

« You must've had a concussion when the car crashed and probably forgot what happened... You don't need to know anyway. » Sodo said, giving my hand a squeeze.

« Are the others aware? Aren't they gonna be stressed? Can I call Kelly? » I asked.

« The others aren't aware no, and yes, I believe you can call Kelly. » Sodo said.

There was a moment of silence. Sodo realized and checked in his pockets. For some reason, it was him who had my phone. All with my left hand, I opened my phone and called Kelly.

[KELLY'S POV]

Everyone was stressed out. Sodo and Y/N didn't answer any of our calls and texts, and it's been nearly two or three hours. My phone suddenly buzzed in my pocket. I quickly took it out and felt a feeling of relief as I saw Y/N's name on the screen.

« MOON IS CALLING! » I exclaimed before answering the call.

« Hello?! » I exclaimed.

« Hey, Kelly. » Y/N's voice came from the other side.

Her voice was lower and weaker than usual. And why did she take so long to answer, did something bad happen?

« Oh my god! We were worried sick about you! Is everything alright?! » I asked.

« Well, from what Sodo told me, I'm not alright. But he is. » She said.

Whatever expression I had on my face turned into worry.

« What? What do you mean? What happened? » I asked.

« We got in a car crash, and let's say I don't look very good at the moment. » She calmly said.

« I'm coming, RIGHT. NOW. » I said, getting up.

« Kelly- »

« No! We're all coming! »

« We don't have our masks. »

I paused. « ... I can bring two masks for the two of you? » I proposed.

«... Alright. We're at (hospital name, too lazy to create one 😪) » She said.

« Okay. Aether, Swiss, Cirrus, Cumulus, and I are on our way. » I said.

I hung up and turned to the two Ghoulettes and the two Ghouls who were with me in the living room at the moment.

« Ummm, where are we going? » Aether asked.

« Y- Moon and Sodo are in the hospital. We ARE going. » I said, shooting a glare at Aether.

« Where are their masks? » I asked.

Swiss told me to come with him. We went to grab two masks for them, and Aether, Swiss, Cumulus, Cirrus, and I hoped in Aether's car. We made our way to the hospital slowly but surely.

[MOON'S POV]
(I change POVs too much 😭)

I was lying in the bed. I wasn't asleep, but I was closing my eyes. Sodo has been holding my hand since I woke up, and he didn't let go yet.

Soon enough, Kelly came into the hospital room, alone, with two masks in hand.

« Heyy, Moon. How ya feeling? » She asked, giving Sodo and I our Impera masks as the ones we were wearing when the car crashed were the prequelle ones. We didn't have our balaclava, but it was okay, I guess.

« Better than earlier, I guess. » I said as Sodo helped me put on my mask the right way.

« I'll go tell the others they can come, I'll be right back. » Kelly said before leaving the room.

She came back a few minutes later with Cumulus, Cirrus, Aether, and Swiss. After all, they couldn't all fit in one car.

« Hi. What happened? » Aether asked, looking at Sodo and I.

« Well... car crash..? » Sodo said, seeming embarrassed to admit he crashed even tho it wasn't his fault at all.

« How? What happened? » Cirrus asked.

« Well, I guess you noticed how slippery it is on the road, so that's already one cause. We were on the highway, and the car in front of us brutally stopped, so as a reflex to NOT crash, I turned suddenly, but the car slipped, and then we were sideway. The car in the other lane was driving towards us. The car being sideways didn't help either. So, uh, the car crashed on the right side of the car, which was where Moon was sitting. » Sodo explained.

« Gosh- So how long do you have to stay here? » Cumulus asked.

« I have no idea, but Sodo said that the doctors said I would be out of here before New Year. » I said.

« Those are some good news. You'll be alright for the New Year party? » Aether asked.

« I guess so... Wait, there's a New Year party? » I asked.

« Yeah. We must've forgotten to tell you. Hehe- » Aether said, rubbing the back of his neck.

[Time skip cause I have no idea what to write while she's in the hospital 😍]

I could get out of the hospital tonight. Everyone came to visit me, and Sodo stayed with me basically all day long. Sometimes, he even stayed the whole night, apparently. Kelly decided to stay in Sweden until after New Year so she could spend more time with us. I was happy with that, honestly.

__________________________________

Word count: 1072

AAA TYSM FOR 13K READS I NEVER THOUGHT MY BOOK WOULD GET SO MANY READS ILY GUYS 💕💕