Chapter 4

It was now 1:20 am and I couldn't sleep, at all. Something was keeping me awake but I didn't know what. I got out of the room and went into the living room to sit on the couch. I looked out the window and saw there was a thunderstorm. I loved thunderstorms, especially at night since we could see the lighting better than in the daylight. I suddenly heard footsteps. I turned around and saw one of the ghouls standing in the hallway, looking at me. My heart literally skipped a beat.

«What are you doing? It's midnight.» Rain said in a tired voice.

« I couldn't sleep so I decided to go sit here. I'm watching the thunderstorm. » I answered as Rain came to sit with me.

« Why can't you sleep? » He asked.

« I don't know. Something is keeping me awake I guess. » I said, shrugging.

He decided to stay and watch the thunderstorm with me. I started to get tired, I laid my head on Rain's shoulder before falling asleep a few seconds later. Rain noticed I was asleep so he picked me up and carried me bridal-style to our bedroom where he put me in my bed. Strangely enough, I felt safe with him and I somehow fell asleep.

« Goodnight Moon. » He whispered after he gave me a little kiss on the forehead.

-✰-

I slept until 10 AM, seemed like the ghouls weren't too loud this morning. As I got out of bed, remembered that I didn't text Kelly much after the concert except to tell her I was back home.

(SORRY I FORGOT ABOUT HER #JusticeForKelly)

I grabbed my phone and opened my messages. I had a thousand of texts from her.

-Now texting: Kelly 🫶🏼🫶🏼-

Kelly 🫶🏼🫶🏼: Y/N WHERE TF ARE YOU HELLO??? 😭😭

ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!?!?!

Y/NNN!!!

Girl... 😒

HELLO??

BAE DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT YOUR MOTHER TOLD ME YOU'RE NOT EVEN AT HOME PLEASE ANSWER ME OR I'M CALLING THE COPS TO SAY THAT YOU'RE GONE MISSING 😣😣

Me: OMG I TOTALLY FROGOT I DIDN'T TEXT YOU BACK IM SO SORRY I'VE BEEN BUSY!!

Kelly 🫶🏼🫶🏼: Wdym busy??
Where r u? 😭

Me: In your walls ;)

Me: No, really, can you keep a secret?

Kelly 🫶🏼🫶🏼: Of course!!

Me: Okay..

I started to wonder if I should actually tell her. I decided to give up and just tell her.

Me: I've been staying with Ghost the past days. Copia said I could be a potential member 🤭

Kelly 🫶🏼🫶🏼: EXCUSE ME MISS GURL??? AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME, HELLO???

DID YOU MEET SODO? OH AND THE GHOULETTES?! 😍

WHAT ABOUT SWISS?!?! 🛐🛐

Me: All of em ;)

Kelly 🫶🏼🫶🏼: FACETIME ME NOW!!!!

I didn't even have time to write 'okay' and she already clicked on the call button.

I answered the call and Kelly literally gasped as she saw me with the mask on.

« AAAAAAAHH!!! » She screamed excitedly. « I wanna see Sodo!! » She then said as she got closer from the screen.

« He hates me, I don't think he would accept. » I said, nervously laughing.

« THIS LITTLE BITCH, HOW DOES HE HATE THE PRETTIEST AND KINDEST GIRL IN THE WORLD?!?! » She exclaimed.