𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝕶𝖊 𝖀𝖕

A/N: Here we go!!
______________________________
Warning: This chapter deals with themes of suicidal ideations, depression, severe anxiety, self loathing thoughts and feelings as well as angst.
As always please proceed with caution. Reader discretion advised.
______________________________

-𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨𝐰-

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

Do you know what it's like to wake up from a coma?

I'm sorry.

The real question I should be asking is, do you know what it's like to be in a coma?

For starters, it's nothing like a dream.

That's a common misconception that people tell to someone whose love one is comatose. It's by no means sweet or like a long running dream you can't seem to wake from. It's often misconstrued as such.

It's more like being awake. Except you think you're living, breathing, and conscious but you lack awareness that your true body is out there, hovering between life and death.

Trust me, I knew.

I've had the unfortunate displeasure of being comatose twice within my life.

As ironic enough, this experience was twice as bad as the last one. Considering I remembered more from this one.

I jolted awake with a harsh gasp as if all the wind had been knocked from me. I was coughing against the strain of gravity that seemed to pull at me mercilessly as I rose up.

"Hello?" I huffed as I open my heavy eyes to darkness. I stood then stumbled around aimlessly in a never ending span of void. Only left pacing and slamming into what appeared to be a dampened wall as I walked to and fro.

I pulled my hands away from the wall and grimaced at the texture. It was like papier mâché over a slab of concrete. Thick in some areas and thinned out in others like a bad paint job.

I turned away nervously and continued through the space, eventually slowing when I heard the sound of water running.

"I-Is anyone there? Can you tell me where I am?" I questioned aloud again, hearing my voice echo against the darkness. Water dripping eerily in response, and not a person in sight. Not that I could see much anyways.

The tempo of the leaking increased and suddenly it sounded like a pipe burst turned flood. The water was rushing and rapid then suddenly I noticed how the sound grew closer.

In an instant I realized all the water was pushing full force towards me.

I screamed aloud as I ran away. Screaming for help, desperately awaiting to hear an answer. Though I snapped out of my plea for aid by the feeling of water filling my shoes. It was creeping up my ankles dampening my pants.

I tried calling out again as I fought against the water. Over and over, feeling petrified at the pace of the water filling the room. It showed no signs of stopping.