𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖘 𝕺𝖓 𝖂𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉

—𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐨—

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

"You never told me how the meeting went." Maribella called from across the room. As I walked out from the bathroom. I came face to face in the hallway with her and she had been cleaning up some of the toys left on the ground.

We had fell into a routine. In the morning time we make breakfast as the kids played. Than we'd drop them off at the nearest daycare as we worked to establish relations with the locals. We've built at least three schools at this point of my internship and all is well.

Well that's a lie. Everything was well except the mood I had been in. It's been a week since I last saw Jayden and I knew it'd be months until we saw each other again.

Everything was picking up and I couldn't just up and leave each time I missed him. If I stayed on the grind and everything went to plan, I would've completed the hours of service to the realms to earn my masters. I'd be able to work as a head master in any campus in the supernatural realms.

I was hoping to work from home mainly and just upkeep the inner workings of each campus. I'd be the boss of the whole educational interworks.

Just like Maribella.

"I was bitter about having to leave him, but it was fine." I shrugged while cracking open a bottle of elixir.

"Still have that headache?" She asked as she held a hearty handful of the children's toys.

"Yeah, and this is the only thing that gives me any peace." I muttered as I drank a gulp and pushed the cork back into the mild tasting elixir I made myself.

"Maybe we can stop by a local healer on our way to the construction site today." She offered as she spelled the toys back into the children's room. They had been making noise from the other side of the house, probably enjoying Phoenix's company.

That was the first fennec fox they'd ever seen, I couldn't bear to tell them she wasn't a pet so I've let them enjoy their time with her. She's really helped them work through a lot of their traumas.

"No, I'm fine, there's no point." I swatted her concerned gaze away as I pulled out a pair of glasses from the side of my backpack and put them on.

"You packed lunch right? We have a meeting on the other side of the city and our translator may be a bit late so it'll be a while till we start." She explained as she snapped her fingers and changed her outfit into something more appropriate for our endeavors today.

"Let's get going then." I chimed as I darted past her with an enthusiasm for the day. Despite all the heartache surrounding this decision, I wouldn't change a thing. The work we've put in has already helped countless children.

Refugees, high borns, and different mixes of hybrids across the realms.

I remember each of their stories, every last one of their names, and the feelings they left me with. The burning urge to fight for them to fit in wherever they seek to enter. No more being turned away, beaten, bruised, neglected, ostracized. None of them will ever grow up like I did, they'll have the community I wish I had been gifted.