𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖂𝖆𝖞𝖘

A/N: Sorry y'all I've been unwell 😔🫶🏽... With that said I solemnly swear I only cause chaos and misery for the sake of the plot, not because I enjoy it or anything 🤭 Anyways I'm sorry if y'all got too comfy in the peace and quiet, time for some good old angst.
______________________________

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

It's been a week since the baby was born and the others revealed their pregnancies. The week that would be the best of their lives would soon turn into one of the most difficult of mine.

Starting out with a few difficult conversations, ending with an even more trying ending.

Now I know I may be biased in saying most of what transpired could've been handled better on my part. Though it's safe to reiterate that not all of the blame is on me.

-𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨𝐰-

—𝐀 𝐅𝐞𝐰 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐨—

"We should talk about a few things." Jayden suddenly voiced causing me to pause at his tone. We had just visited the baby after The midwives ensured it's okay for Kia to go back in her quarters.

Everyone else had gone off to celebrate one happy bit of news or another. I was still tired from my heat and I just wanted to stay in bed with Jay for the next couple of days. Or as long as his duties allowed for him to be away.

"Oh, okay? Is it serious?" I asked as I turned to face him. My brows were scrunched up in slight confusion at the uneasy tone he held.

"I guess it is somewhat. Definitely not in a scary way just serious." He explained further as he flicked his gaze over to a pair of maids walking by with sheets in their hands.

"My King, my Lunos." The pair uttered as they took their time to bow deeply. I returned a soft tilt of acknowledgement whereas Jayden nodded while positioning himself tense and upright.

"C'mere Dylan, follow me for a second." He spoke softly as he pulled me over to an empty room down the hall.

I took a moment to glance around at the vintage furniture covered in tarps to avoid dust. It looked to be an old tea room or perhaps a guest room. Regardless of what it was I pulled my thoughts together and turned around.

When we stood facing one another, he casually leans against the wall to garner my reaction. Mirroring his movements I made myself comfortable as I awaited his explanation.

"I didn't know when was the right time to bring up this topic, though now may be as good as ever to finally get this off my chest." He began intensely making my heart throb.

"Good Goddess, let this be good news." Dimitri groaned from within.

"I'm so happy to be yours, and I know how that we should get used to our marriage and the responsibilities that come with it...." My husband continued his calculated rant.

"Jay, I appreciate the sweet words but I feel like your cushioning me for something far bigger than you our making it out to be." I muttered while trying my best to reassure him and provide the space for him to be open with me.