𝕻𝖍𝖔𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖝

A/N: Publishing another chapter instead of writing a ten paged essay that's 50% of my grade, I hate college please come save me fr 🧍🏽‍♀️✨ Also one of you commented at some point that you don't be listening to the songs I be putting up, and kicking me square in my face would've hurt less than that revelation. I literally put my entire being into my playlist cause I love music so much and I just wanna share it with y'all 😭🤍 
_______________________________

-𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨𝐰-

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝)

-𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤-

There was once a time where the world made sense.

Everything was sweet like agave and if you focused enough on the way the sun rose and fell, it was like the entire universe knew it too.

How could it not?

Dylan was at the core of the planet, like the sweet warmth of the terracotta soil. His smile made the fruits bountiful and the flowers bloom. His thunderous steps around the house made animals residing deep in the forest dance. His tears of joy were the reason the moon even cared to pull against the tide. It was the reason gravity cared to do its job. Ensuring that little boy's joy never floated away.

Everything had purpose and light when Dylan was with Phoenix.

"You can't catch me!" The rambunctious boy bubbled out. His laughter echoed through the house as his steps clapped against the creaky floorboards without a care.

A chirp of an animal's protest was heard swiftly after this. Like a mix of a growl of disbelief and frustration at the boys cheating.

Of course Phoenix wouldn't catch him, Dylan had a magical head start as he warped himself to the bottom of the stairs.

It was a new spell the boy had learned, his powers were sprouting like weeds and his capabilities weren't something to be tamed.

That however, wouldn't stop Phoenix. She was a sly and playful fox that would win a game however she could.

She waited til Dylan's parents were shouting from some distant place in the house, warning Dylan to slow down in the kitchen and suddenly the running turned to quickened steps. She was hot on his tail then. Yipping playfully as she weaves and ducked through any object Dylan passed to escape her.

Truthfully, Dylan wasn't giving his all. If he wanted to, he could've used magic and won the game ages ago. With a snap of his juvenile hands he would've long beaten Phoenix to whatever end destination he had in mind.

But you see, that was the delight in their bond. They were happy to play with one another, to be in the presence of the other and have someone to love.

They ate together at dinner, rose together in the mornings, swam together in the pack springs, and kept one another company when Dylan otherwise had none.