𝕴𝖋 𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝕬 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖂𝖆𝖓𝖙

-𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨𝐰-

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙹𝚊𝚢𝚍𝚎𝚗)

I couldn't control my grief.

Though in a situation like this I doubt I was expected to.

Dylan was attacked again.

Words I never thought I'd have to say again. Feelings that I was forced to confront at a very different point in my life.

He was attacked in our own home, in our marital bed. He had to flee for his life, and in the process I nearly lost him.

Both him and the baby—the babies.

Now he was getting test run on him. Leaving him hooked up to a whole bunch of other wires that were doing things they shouldn't have to. We should be celebrating the news but some sick fuck had to ruin the experience for us.

All this déjà-vu was enough to drown in. Just when I thought we left those high school nightmares behind.

I left the room feeling like all the air had been sucked from my lungs.

I looked ghastly from not just the blood loss of my injury, but at the knowledge that I've failed to protect him again.

Twins, huh?

How can I protect two children when I couldn't even ensure the safety of their father?

I don't know how I could ever move on from this.

I almost lost him again. How could I be so careless with someone I claimed to love so deeply?

I didn't care for the damage on my body. What's a battle scar to a king? A badge of honor.

They are sure to tell stories about the King and the Rogue Assasin. It will be one of those legendary tales that are over embellished for children's sake. It will leave out all the death and the tragedy. It will paint me as some hero and the rogue a pariah.

Though I wished nothing more to be the one outcasted for my failure to my duties. I was supposed to protect him. He trusted me to do so.

A scar on a Lunos means a failure of not only my vows to the kingdom but my vows as a husband.

I find myself walking aimlessly down the halls of the castle. To the one spot I was told since childhood to never explore.

"The dungeons are filled with the worst of the worst, the scum. People who aren't fit to be in the pack lands due to their crimes. Never set foot in there if you know what's good for you."

My dads words rang in my head as I continued my trek through the palace.

I found myself passing fleets of guards, parked at nearly every entrance of the palace. At least someone was thinking clearly enough to take necessary action.