𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖗𝕶 𝕹𝖔 𝕭𝖎𝖙𝖊

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙹𝚊𝚢𝚍𝚎𝚗)

My royal advisors, father, mother and practically everyone else who had a say in the legal affairs left the banquet prior to it ending.

We had immediate business to attend to.

The business in question was the not so discreet kidnapping of the Damilé Royal family. Though if it's any consolation they weren't exactly kidnapped, just escorted by a squadron of guards into our conference room.

As we approached the war room we heard the thunderous roar of the True Alpha. King Damilé was very vocal of his feelings of the current situation.

Though as my father always said, 'even the highest monarchs reap what the sow.' He had no right to not expect a swift retaliation.

We entered the room and I felt Dylan's presence behind me before I had time to react.

For fucks sake—

I told him to wait in the Banquet hall with the others.

"How dare you keep my family in this measly room as though we are prisoners!" King Agwé howled in a manner that was far from regal. 

"Your majesty this alone is an act of war, if it weren't for the severity of our position I would call for you to have their heads for this!" Mungabo hissed out into the kings ear, his tone filled of malice loud enough for us all to hear.

"No, I should've called for your head when you undermined my sons rule, and declared war on us in front of our hundreds of guests on the most sacred day of the year. After he announced the news of an heir, how dare you?!" My dad yelled towards Mungabo, his True Alpha command had the weasel shaking and running to hide behind his master.

King Agwé seem to have seen the error of his ways, a flicker of truth rang within him yet he did not speak up. He instead took a seat at the war room table and turned to look at me.

"You have an hour to come up with a plan to appease my appointed Elderman and my daughter in regards to the fares. If not, when we leave expect this alliance to leave with us." He states in a deadly serious tone that had my brows furrowed.

Ultimately I knew it was our best option, but Saint itched at the audacity of his demand.

My dad seemed to think the same way, because when he opened his mouth to presumably tell him to go fuck himself. My mom and my brother were quick to approach him and beg him through the bond to think reasonably.

Dylan approached me as well.

"What are you going to do?" He asked softly as he stood before me, rubbing his nerves into his stomach.

My anger softened instantly and I felt the primal urge to shield him from all of the drama. I wanted to protect him and the baby from the stress of this, but I was also conflicted that I would be excluding him from my decisions as a ruler.

I didn't want to relive my fathers mistake as a ruler.

"Dylan, I'm going to figure this out." I assured him as I walked him off to the side, comforting him to my best ability.