𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I

A/N: I imagined that Anastasia has a very soft but foreign look to her. I think the photo above suits her but I was torn between this image and like three other girls. Let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy this chapter!!!
_________________________________

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

It had been a week since the rogue had broken into the palace.

They hadn't found a trace of him since. Other than the several sighting's throughout that night, it's he vanished without a trace.

He was there one moment, and gone the next. Leaving no clue as to why he was here or what he wanted with us. We weren't even sure what his actual goal was for the evening or if he achieved it.

All I could tell you is that King Giovanni had it so tightly under wraps, even I had forgotten the incident.

Not a single guest caught wind of what had happened. They hadn't even noticed when most of us retired for the evening. The kitchen staff and butlers were told to keep them merry, and drunk.

That must've been what worked in Giovanni's favor when he returned to the gala alone and wished everyone a safe journey home.

I had to give it to him, he was level headed even though his wife was icing him out during every minute of the day. Yep a heaping platter of marital issues served up for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I didn't dare to ask and no one dared to point it out, but I was sure they weren't even sleeping on the same floor of the castle.

Shit was really hitting the fan.

But that apparently wasn't any of my concern. None of this was. That's what Jayden reminded me whenever he decided to stroll into my room after spending the day playing king.

He'd kiss me and rant about being too tired to talk. Though he'd be just awake enough to start kissing up my neck, just awake enough to try to easy my worries with sex.

I hate to admit it but it worked the first few times. The flesh is weak after all and I'm a simple man. Also Jayden is incredibly hot and very persuasive in that department.

Eventually I grew a back bone. After growing tired of the same song and dance I started showing him the door before he even made it to my bed.

I don't care whatever his father had told him, or whatever he thought he was doing for the sake of my peace of mind. This isn't what I wanted.

This rule was supposed to be a two sided thing, not a ventriloquism act.

I wanted him to let me in. I wanted to help.

"My Lunos?" A voice called out, I felt a soft touch on my shoulder and I flinched away in fear before I willed my racing heart to slow.

"Good Goddess, you startled me Anastasia!" I huffed as I struggled to get ahold of my breathing. I tugged on the sleeves of my nightgown as I crossed my arms across my chest.