𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉'𝖘 𝕾𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌

A/N: Hey guys!! I know the last chapter was hectic and a little crazy to unpack but I hope I did a good job at illustrating everything that happened during the incident and why Dylan's parents went about the matter the way they did. It's only getting crazier from here so let's buckle up and get into it!
Also there's a photo of Doctor Parish above 🧎🏾‍♀️
______________________________

-𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨𝐰-

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

"I don't have to pick and choose who I want to blame, I blame all of you." I replied sharply as I adjusted myself on the bed with a pained grunt. My action showcased the clear repercussions of this enormous lie they construed.

"Y-You have to understand that when you woke up from the coma your vampire side was dormant and your familiar didn't recognize you as her witch anymore." She explained somewhat frantically, ranting out her response as if she was debating any other minuscule topic.

She talked as if this was the best decision she could've made in regards to my life. She talked as if it was hers to make in the first place.

"The spell you casted did something to you....It changed you. We thought that we'd be doing right by you when we kept Phoenix and you apart. We didn't want to break your heart any further." My mom went on to further explain as if she hadn't just barged into my life while it was falling apart at the seams only to drop a bomb on it.

Doing right by me? Break my heart any further?

Oh so that's how we're gonna play this? Like I was in desperate need for the lies because the truth would be worse to bear.

I wonder how that was working out for everyone.

"Dyl, honey, we acknowledge what we did wrong. We can see how lying made you worse off." My father added in his usual rich voice. It sounded softer though, not as ridged and somewhat placid despite the mayhem. Probably because of the guilt.

"Oh and what gave that away? The crippling anxiety casting spells gave me? Or was it the depression and self loathing as I tried to pick apart what I was missing from my life for the last decade." I asked rhetorically not caring how my parents flinched at my tone.

"Wow...okay, we are definitely gonna go. Love you Dylan, bye!" One of my friends finally let out in the midst of the argument.

They tried their best to file out of the room without making things too awkward. Waving and kissing my forehead goodbye before leaving me to the wolves all for the sake of awkwardness.

Though that bridge was burned the second my aunt entered the room. It was practically incinerated the second my parents strolled in.

Shit was absurdly awkward.

But now it was just Jayden and I facing my family that was on the verge of collapse.

Tensions were certainly high. After all, this was never how I imagined this all unfolding. Or how I'd introduce my boyfriend to my parents.