III. ELDEST

. . . ○ ○ ○ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ○ . . .

The beating of their hearts is curiously loud with the quietness of their living room. The setting sun has made the space gloomy and a bit empty, but Seokjin feels quite full. It's not with the deserts that his dearest love had made him eat, but with the emotions of peacefulness and warmth of being with her.

A wide smile curves on his plump lips. There is nothing more perfect than being awakened with her warmth. There on the huge couch, they are comfortably sprawled, both feet are on a foot stool and half of their bodies are covered with the softest furry blanket that Daun has come to love. His hands are her hand warmers while his wide shoulder is her convenient pillow. Her soft breathing is a lullaby that he has grown so accustomed with in every day. In fact, in his every waking moment.

His life has been like this. The two of them are practically conjoined. Whenever she is painting or sketching, he is with her. Whenever he cooks, she is hugging him close. Even with their morning routines like taking a bath or with their morning walks, they are together. He had to postpone all his schedules and even moved his solo album release just to be with her always. It seems unfair for the six that he has monopolized her company, but they can't do anything about it. With his soul feel, work has become impossible. He has to be physically near her or else, he would be sick. He would feel intense nausea and unexplainable body pains.

He couldn't believe that pregnancy is such a torture.

He feels her head slides with a little movement and immediately he grips her shoulders and makes her lean properly on the couch's back rest. She is too deep on her sleep that she only mumble as he gingerly puts a pillow on her head and pulls the blanket higher to her belly.

He then stops. He can't help but endearingly watches the slight movement of her baby bump as she breathes.

It's silly, but he's getting emotional.

He remembers how he sobbed like a baby as he hugged his mother the day when their parents visited, thanking her how he had brought him to the world... how a great sacrifice it was. In return, he was teased, telling him that what he felt was only minor. He was just making so much fuss since he hated pain. The other mothers laughed, warning him of what might he expect during labor. But the horrors of what might come can't equate how much love he has for his wife and their baby. Though he cares of the pain, but he can't imagine Daun to bare everything. He is actually happy that he has this journey with her. At least, she only has the fluctuation of hormones to worry.

"But baby wants the chocolate." He grins with the memory of her whines. Her cheeks and lips protruded. Her eyes rebelliously glistened with tears. They couldn't help but melt whenever she has those tantrums. Her hormones are messing up with her emotions. She easily cries even in the tiniest of things. One time she even cried when Hoseok screamed with the huge lizard at the garden, heart pitying on the little reptile's life.