XIX. SURPRISE

. . . ○ ○ ○ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ○ ○ ○ . . .

Hoseok's brain drums thunderously against his skull. It aches his head with every movement. Yet, he has no choice but to move in search for relief.

Damn on always loosing in their late night games! He had no choice but to gulp the contents of the shot glass. And here he is, suffering.

Disoriented even with the calming hush of the waves, he leaves the bed and trudges towards the bathroom. There, almost blindly for considerately not turning the lights for his mates, he finds his way to the medicine cabinet, opens it, and by hand, feel its shelves with bottles, until he touches one. Squinting, he reads the labels one by one. As soon as he finds it, he immediately takes two and chew its bitterness, hoping that it alleviates the ache, even for a bit. And sure it does, somehow, only a dull thud remains prickling.

A bit relieved, he puts back the bottle. As he closes the cabinet's door, something rattles, slips through, and falls. With his quick reflex, he is able to catch whatever it is before it smashes on the floor.

At first, he thinks it's a thermometer, but with clearer mind, he deduces otherwise. Closing the bathroom's door and finally turning on the light, he observes two parallel lines on its little display window.

His headache momentarily clouds his thinking, then he gasps, thoughts running before Dae-hyun came to their lives...

"Why are you giving me that?" He crunches his nose as he looks at Daun adorably covering her eyes while handing him the small item.

"Just look Hobi- oppa." She wiggles it to his way. "Look at it for me."

"What to look?" There's not much to look at but admittingly, he doesn't know how it should be.

"How many lines?"

"Lines? I mean, here?" He whispered more to himself as he pointed to its small display window.

She nodded without even looking at him.

"Sweet..." He's becoming nervous. "What should I see?"

"It should have two lines." She says.

"Okay..." He nodded, then his forehead creases. "What happens if there's only one?"

"One?" She peaks through her fingers. "There's only one?" He didn't like how her voice dropped.

"My lovely sweetness..." Hosoek really wanted to tell her that there were two, but he couldn't lie to her. "I wish I am wrong."

"Let me see." She took the item from his hand. He watched her shoulders sagged, her pout protruded into a grim smile and swiftly threw it on the trash.

"Oh, well. There's next time." She was able to speak calmly, but he knew her too well. She's upset and on the verge of crying.

"Sweet." Without saying anything more, he pulled her to a hug and let her cry on his chest.