X. KINDRED

. . . ○ ○ ○ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ○ . . .

Yoongi flinches with the loud thud of a book and a little sigh. He looks beside him and sees their Dae-hyun's distant gaze. He doesn't really know how to react with how mature a four-year-old can sometimes look. With the little child's silence, he is much more serious and appears to be a bit eerie. It sometimes worries Yoongi. It makes him wonder what kind of thoughts are inside in his little adorable head.

He watches as the child looks at him. As if caught, he blushes and opens back the huge book on his lap. It's adorable how it's size is as big as his small chubby frame. His hair curls a bit just like his mothers, covering his furrowed brows, deeply concentrated on the pictures and words until he peeks up again, meeting their gazes.

Yoongi gummily smiles with a crunched-up nose, earning him a little giggle.

"Appa? Why are you not with them?" His little voice asks after a while.

"What do you mean, buddy?" Yoongi replies and closes the book on his hands, giving his entire focus to the child.

"Aren't you supposed to be with my sisters, appa?" His little chubby hands gestures to the chaos beyond them.

Jungkook and Taehyung are all fours as the twins straddle at their backs just like their wooden ponies while Hoseok and Jimin are holding them safe. Yoongi's chest tickles with how the little girls in their little tutus bounces and shouts "Ya! Ya", commanding their fathers to crawl faster. And when Jungkook and Taehyung starts to race around the place, the twins starts to squeal. It ended with Taehyung cheating as he stands up and piggy backs the little girl to victory. Hoseok laughs while Jimin rolls with a fit of belly laughs.

Yoongi chuckles but stops as he notices their eldest looking at them with a gleam of interest on his orbs.

He clears his throat before he asks, "Do you want to join them?"

It breaks his heart that maybe their eldest son is feeling left out. How else? He didn't fully feel how to be surrounded and doted with everyone as much as the little girls are. At least, not that he can remember. After all, he was only a year and three months when the twins came.

Instead of answering, the boy asks... "Don't you like to play with them, appa?". Yoongi instantly melts with how he cutely batts his eyes towards him. Without his chunky bread cheeks, he would look so much more like Hoseok. His fox eyes and heart lips are so telling who fathers him. But the dimples and how his brows crease adorably whenever he doesn't like something or is in his serious focus mode is so much like their darling wife. However, his behavior is much more like a hyper focused Jin with Namjoon's brain. Of course, it's not because he can already read with his age, nor how he can speak more English than him. He just exudes Namjoon's aura more than the twins.

"Don't you want me here?" Yoongi gently smiles as he reaches out to caress the curls off from his forehead.

"I do." The little boy's cheeks flushes for the second time and once again concentrates on flipping the pages. It's as if he's burying his face on the book with bashfulness on what he admitted.